Donating Wire Hangers

Category Reusing
Clothes taken to the cleaners are returned on wire hangers. If you have a stash of them that you can't find a use for consider donating them. This is a page about donating wire hangers?.

Who will take my wire coat hangers?

By Angela from New Lebanon, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Your local Goodwill or Salvation Army are always looking for hangers.

Best Answer

I always take mine to my local dry cleaners, who always seem very pleased to have them.

Best Answer

You can also donate them to your local Girl Scouts or Cub Scouts, they are always handy for crafty things!

Best Answer

Post a free on craigslist/freecycle. Since it's spring time many times people are looking for these to do children's resale events and garage sales.

And lately I have seen people use them to make words out of the wire and display it as decor in their homes.

I have many wire hangers that I need to part with. I would love to donate them. Does anyone know where I could donate them? Anyone out there need wire hangers?

By Patsy from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Who will take my wire hangers?

You could probably drop them off at something like the Salvation Army thrift stores. If they can't use them they would probably know someplace that could. Most of those places have an outdoor site where people can drop things off. (04/02/2010)

By Joan

Who will take my wire hangers?

Bring them to your nearest dry cleaners. They always take them and they even have a special box to store them in for return. (04/02/2010)

By gina

Who will take my wire hangers?

I had a garage sale and sold them all.
Good luck! (04/04/2010)

By sally mazgaj

Who will take my wire hangers?

Go online and see if you have a Freecycle group in your area. This is a program where you offer something you no longer want and someone that wants it contacts you. You can also ask for things you would like to have. This is money free, you can not charge for anything you are giving away and cannot be charged for anything you ask for. These are terrific groups, I monitor one. (04/04/2010)

By Donna J. Cole

Who will take my wire hangers?

Return them to the local small business owner who provided them to you originally. We can build our own jobs by helping them keep their cost down, they stay in business and you are able to continue to use their business at a reasonable rate. Everyone wins. (04/05/2011)

By nj bartolini

I have hundreds of extra wire hangers and do not want to throw them away. How can I dispose of them?

Sandra from Cuyahoga Falls

Answers:

Who will take my wire hangers?

We recycled them. Cut them apart, fold the pieces and used these to hold corners and edges of the weed mat we put under our rock garden. I found most of our hangers at garage sales. (02/16/2009)

By D Stanek

Who will take my wire hangers?

My stepdad used lots of cut up wire hangers in lieu of rebar when he poured the concrete foundation for a small building on his property. (02/17/2009)

By Cora

Who will take my wire hangers?

Take them to your local dry cleaners. They often re-use wire hangers in good shape. (02/17/2009)

Who will take my wire hangers?

Ever hear of freecycle.org? It is where you can post "offers' and "wanted" in your area, all must be free. (02/17/2009)

By Anna

Who will take my wire hangers?

Post an ad to craigslist under the free column. (02/17/2009)

By Kidena

Who will take my wire hangers?

A thrift store, second-hand store, or maybe a small local clothing boutique will take them. I put them with our clothes when we donate to Purple Hearts, or the St. Vincent DePaul thrift store. (02/17/2009)

By Maryeileen

Who will take my wire hangers?

Try your local high school or community college art department. That's good wire. (02/17/2009)

By susan winship

Who will take my wire hangers?

I recycle them with other metals. (02/17/2009)

By Jenny

Who will take my wire hangers?

I like to use wire hangers for craft projects. I make seashell wind chimes and other mobile crafts with them. (02/26/2009)

By marlene

My son worked for over a year at a shop that supplied uniforms from a service. Now I have literally thousands of wire hangers. I am in the process of moving and need to find someone who need/wants wire hangers. Any suggestions?

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 27, 2016
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Donating-Wire-Hangers.html