Decorating a Sweatshirt

I am taking a "special cousin" on a cruise soon and want to make a memorable sweatshirt for her. I have no idea on how to do this. I am not crafty and not an artist. I cannot find an instruction book. Can someone please give me some instructions on how to proceed. I need to do it soon. Thanks!

By Lori

Dear Lori

I have a book here that is a great one for helping sew step by step. Singer has a few books ( sewing reference libary) out now the one you are looking for would be is sewing active wear. on pages 75-77 takes you through step by step instructions on rugby shirts, pg 47 - instructions on bike shirts and any of the chapters on making sweatshirts will do just adjust the length of the sleeve. If you don't even have the pattern you can get the quik-sew matter patern books with a master pattern in the back and there are step by step instruction on how to make them and even mix and match pattern peices to come up with different style of shirt. For t-shirts, crew necks, tunics and so on.

All else false you can take a t shirt from you own dresser and take a pattern from it just remember to add a half inch to the pattern all the way around for a seem allowance.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

heart patches on jeans
Decorating Clothing
Crafts ClothingFebruary 20, 2001
An office with modern interior design.
Brand Name Ideas for Interior Design Products
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 15, 2016 at 2:15:00 AM on in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.