Reviving Interest in Studying Interior Design

Your choice of a major in interior design may require finding new inspiration to complete your studies, or a passion for another field. This is a guide about reviving interest in studying interior design.

I am student of interior design. When I was admitted, I was so happy to be in this field, but with the passage of time I lost my all interest. Now I am no more creative, but I am trying because this is my final year. Please can someone tell me how I can increase my interest in this field. Actually we don't have a facility with studios for study. I don't know how to study about this field.

Answers

Best Answer

I'd suggest you check out some inspiring interior design sites and blogs to see if it revives your interest. Here are some sites.

Really go through these and see if you feel a fire in you!

Best Answer

Interior design is a field that requires more creativity and passion than just book learning. What made you want to work in this field in the first place? Do you know anyone who works in this field?

• Attosa has some excellent sites to review as these are the sort of places you would be wanting to work once you obtain your degree.
  • Have you checked whether jobs are available in your area? Or will you have to move to another city? It usually takes a large city to employee very many "green" decorators who have only book learning.
  • If you cannot afford to work as an intern (for a small, if any, salary) then it may be a long dry spell trying to find a job.
  • There should be counselors at your college that will discuss all of this with you and they have excellent tests that would help them help you.
  • Perhaps you took some of these tests before choosing this field but sometimes we change and maybe that has happened to you.

What would you really like to do? Give it a lot of thought and discuss that with the counselor also as they may be able to switch majors and use some of the credits you have in the Interior Design field.

My advice to you is to listen to your gut and choose another line of work. You have to go to work every day for many years.

It may seem like you are wasting time and money now, but you will avoid a lot of misery. There are aptitude tests you can take to help you see what careers would be good for you.

What I always hear is what you learn in school, is not necessarily applied in the real world.

Do you think taking on an internship in your field will boost your creativity?