Using Online Accelerated Reading Tests

Category Education
Accelerated reading tests allow children to read grade level appropriate books, take tests on content, and receive feedback. This is a guide about free online accelerated reading tests.

I want to do an AR test at home. I don't go to school now, so what should I do?

By Simran

Answers

Best Answer

Schools pay a large sum of money for access to The Accelerated Reader Program. The tests can only be taken at school or, in some cases, a public library. Teachers want their students to take the test at school because otherwise they don't know if the student is the one answering the questions.

Where can I find a free accelerated reading test for second graders?

By melanie

Answers

Best Answer

This is similar: bookadventure.org. You can register your child and they take a test on one of the listed books (many are also AR books). I love that I can see the test my son took to see what questions he missed. I know what areas to work on, rather than just getting a grade like the AR program does! We use the bookadventure quiz as a practice for the AR test.

It is a fun website and the kids earn points for (simple) prizes. Also, teachers can register their classes and use the program to supplement the AR program.

I want to practice an AR test about "The Island" by Gary Paulsen and The Last Musketeer. How do I do that?

Answers

Best Answer

First, you must log in with your username and password. Then, search the book you want to take a quiz on. Finally, choose the correct book and take the quiz.

If I can, where can I login with my school username and password? Will they let me login with my school numbers? Can I login outside of my school's network or not? Thank you for answering my questions.

By Lisa

Answers

Best Answer

You can only log in at school. Like other tests, the teachers want some control of the test environment.

I am trying to take a test, but I can't find a website that lets me.

By Kaleigh

Answers

You can only take the tests at school or sometimes at libraries during summer reading programs. The teachers don't want the tests taken at home because they don't know who is answering the questions.

Children and students have access to a program at school called the Accelerated Reader Program where they test on books they've read for points. I was wondering if there are websites that have similar tests where children/students can test out at home on books they've read.

Carol from KY

Answers:

Online Tests Similar to Accelerated Reader Program

Yes, there is another program called bookadventure.com. Someone told me about it, but have not had our daughter try it, as we love the accelerated reading program in our school. We have had it for 8 years now and the kids use it well. I don't know how someone can abuse it, and get good scores just by guessing on the multiple choice and not reading the book. (01/30/2009)

By Brenda Harder