"Stained Glass" Baby Food Jars

Here is a great idea I used a few weeks ago for a craft project for my kids. I take care of a baby twice a week and so I always save the cleaned out baby food jars. I also save gift bags and the tissue paper that fills them. I remembered this craft from VBS when I was a child. You dip out a little thinned glue into a container (I used the lids to the baby food jars).

Provide a cheap paint brush (I found 100 of them at a garage sale for about 25 cents). Let the kids tear up the different colors of tissue paper into 1/2 inch or so pieces. Then they will glue them onto the outside of the jars. Overlap the paper to create a "stained-glass" look. When completely dry, go over with a coat of the glue or modge podge to seal it.

Put a little tea-light candle in it. It looks great! These make great gifts for the kids to make. One note, you might want to spread out newspaper on the table to protect it from the glue. This craft is easy even for small children. Even my 3-year-old mastered and enjoyed it with only a little instruction. Have fun!

I read the craft about the baby food jars i was wondering if u could tell me what size baby jars. also won't the tissue paper catch fire or if the glass gets to hot won't it break? please write back

If you use a contained tealight candle, there are no problems with fire hazards or breakage due to heat. I got 100 tealights that have aluminum containers that I use in my baby food jars without problems. I did my jars slightly different. I used a sponge brush to apply the glue, then gently tapped glitter and tiny stars to my jar. I finished it with a ribbon that tied around the jar mouth to hide the lid rings.

Now there are also the little battery operated LED tea-lights that would work in something like this, without the risk of real flame.

Baby food jar Christmas tree.
Craft Ideas Using Baby Food Jars
Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 5, 2006
Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food