Changing Color of Vertical Blinds

My home came complete with wall to wall verticals in two rooms. They are of very good quality and in great shape, but the color! Does anyone know of a way I can dye (perhaps) or whatever them? They seem to be made of a nubby, stiff fabric and do not not have any kind of backing.

I truly need some help here. I simply cannot afford to replace them and they do not match a single thing I own.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

By Patricia S

My neighbor had the same problem, she hung hers outside on a line and spray painted them. Loved the results and have held up very well.

Cut strips of wallpaper or wallpaper border and stick them on to the individual blinds. Very pretty.

I have used the boxed ...powder ....fabric dye. I lay the blinds ( afew at a time ) in the bath tub, with the preferred color mixed with hot water......mix dye first, then add blinds. Works a test strip first.

par1148 @ (remove spaces)

I want to know how to lengthen vertical blinds that are already cut.

a way to lengthen them is to cut the blind into two pieces and join back together with a peice of lace or fabric of your choice in between

i have tried painting fabric blinds with a mini roller and emulsion works well but very messy i gave up and purchased spray paint instead put them over a rail in garden and sprayed one side waited for them to dry then sprayed the other side, the quality is much better with spray, easier and less mess...

Is there a dye on the market to dye my vertical blinds

Does anyone no how to dye vertical blinds .mine r a dark biscuit colour and need them to be cream

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceMarch 12, 2001
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Roman Blinds
Changing the Color of Roman Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Vertical Blinds
Changing the Color of Vertical Blinds