Browsing: Organizing Your Photos

Organizing and Cleaning Photos

I've always planned to get around to putting my pictures in an album, but I haven't done so yet and I think I never will. I've kept my pictures in a big bag and just recently, I looked in the bag and found that dirt, dust, and gravel had gotten into the bag (there had been construction in the apartment). I must now go through each picture and dust it off so I figured it was a good time to organize my pictures.

Do you have any suggestions on how best to organize them (by year? by subject?). What can I do besides albums? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Carolyn

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Another interesting thing to do with photos is to make a collage and frame it. I have made several and framed them in beautiful gold frames. No-one has time to sit down with a photo album in my family and besides I think that the photos of my kids are the most beautiful art work that there is to be had. I cut out each picture individually and some of the collages have over 400 photos in them. Guests stand for hours looking at them.

Best Answer

I think first, decide how you want to keep them.

I use the plastic photo holder pages. They're safe, and it's easy to change around the photos and the pages, or add more. I keep mine in large 3 ring binders.

As for sorting, start by separating them into years, then into subsections like: just family, picnics, holidays, vacation, and so on.

After separating by year, decide if you want them to stay by just year or by "events". You can make as many different books as you want, 3 ring

binders can be bought at dollar stores, so the cost is kept at a minimum. You can start with the earliest and work up, one year after the next. Or

decide, one book, or section (use school subject dividers), for vacation photos, one for Christmases, weddings, other holidays, one for each child (and watch em grow), one for friends, and one for just family by the year.

This way, if you need to find a picture of someone, or something, (the couple we met on vacation in Florida), you know right where to look for it.

Good luck with your project.

<p>By KayD

This is a great time to pick out photos that you would like to eventually give to your children... Pick 3 or 4 pictures from each stage of their life and put them in a picture album.. When they move away from home (college, marriage, etc..) it makes a wonderful gift.

I had this problem years ago and decided to do something about it. I arranged all my pictures according to years in albums and bought a labeler to put the years on the outside of the album. I made up one album each for my grandkids and put theirs in years. Now when I get new pictures it is easy to just put them in the album and get them out of the way. When my grandkids come over they love looking at their albums. I have one for each year of there life. Their awards go in there also and birthday cards. Now when my family and I are talking about old times I just think about what year it might of been and go right to it. Lots Of Love, - Bonnie

Pile of Unorganized Photos
Organizing Your Photos
Organizing MiscellaneousMay 24, 2001
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Organized Photos in Box
Organizing Keepsakes and Memorabilia
Cleaning Bathroom
Cleaning Made Simple
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 2:31:00 PM on 10.0.1.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.