Browsing: Travel Tips and Tricks

Travel Tips

Clipper Readers

Here are some great tips as suggested by our ThriftyFun members.

Bring an Umbrella

Make it a point to always carry one of the small and folding umbrellas in your carry on luggage; then you are prepared if it should be raining. Better safe than sorry!

Ms. Syd Barr

Rocking Chair Travel

Here is what We call rocking chair traveling for free. We check out travel videos from the Library for free and travel everywhere.

Laverne

Packing Tip

We take frequent trips to the Grandparents' house, and with four kids, packing is no joy. I use food storage bags to put anything liquid into, then use the twist tie to close it. That way, if something leaks, it stays in the plastic bag and not on the clothes. When I unpack, I leave the bags in the suitcases, then reuse them for the return trip, and the next several trips. As long as nothing leaks, the bags are dry and can be reused over again. Store them in the suitcases between uses.

Marjorie

Mini Size Cosmetics

I always save the hand cream and shampoo mini size bottles that hotels give you. And then refill when empty. That way you don't have to buy a travel size hand cream to fit in your purse.

Susan

Toys for Traveling

I buy toys at garage sales and flea markets and save these to take with us on car trips with my preschool age children. Trips to Grandparents who live 6 hours away are a breeze because my kids are entertained with these "brand new toys" (to them) that cost only .25 to $1. I take a bag of these with us in the car, and my kids are now great travelers. (One new plastic toy from a department store costs at least $5.)

Vickie

Buying Plane Tickets

If you asked everyone on a plane what they paid for their ticket you would find a huge variety of prices. Airlines are constantly adjusting their prices depending on the demand they believe a flight will have. To get the best rates it's a good idea to call more than one travel agent and then also look online. It's good to be ahead of the game. Be sure to ask the agent if the prices are expected to go down in near future. Booking ahead by at least two weeks will usually save you money.

Sandi M.

Recycling Roll On Bottles for Travel

Pop the ball out with sharp object then wash and rinse thoroughly. Fill with hand lotion and replace the ball; you never have to worry about getting too much lotion. Sun screen would be another option. Great anytime but especially when traveling. Make a computer label to identify contents!

Ms. Syd Barr

A man and a woman enjoying being tourists.
Travel Tips and Tricks
Travel and Recreation TravelMay 16, 2001
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Hong Kong, Victoria Harbour
Hong Kong Frugal Travel Guide
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:53:08 AM on 10.0.2.136 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.