Keeping Cats Off Cars

Does anyone have a solution for cats getting up on your car and leaving cat prints and scratches all over? Thanks!

By D.S. from AR

Best Answer

How about a car cover. If you don't wan't to purchase one, you can make one out of any waterproof material. An added bonus of using a cover would be preserving your car's finish.

Best Answer

We used a water gun - after a while we just pointed it out the door and he would jump off. The only problem is it's a convertible and he still has his back claws. I am worried about him tearing the top everytime he jumps off.

Best Answer

My cats used to lounge on my convertable top and I gave them the hose a few times and they never went up there again. I set up the sprinkler so whenever I saw them up there i turned it on. I still don't think they knew it was me. Also if you have your convertible in the garage or under a car canopy or car port. You can put 3 or 4 moth balls on the roof and trust me they won't go anywhere near it.

Best Answer

Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper or other strong pepper on your vehicle. The cat will walk on it and then stop to lick its paws. When it does WOW. It doesn't hurt the animal but it will not take doing this too many times to teach the animal to stay away. My mom told me this and she and I have had to use this method many times and it really works.