Saving Water: Hand Dishwashing Tip

Here's a water saving idea I have used over the years. Rather than filling the sink to the top with water, put in only a couple inches of water, and then rinse your dishes with a small stream of hot water, over your sink of suds. That way your water stays hot, and you only have to replace a few inches at a time when your water gets dirty.

Save the dishes that need a long soak for last and put them in the last batch of suds that you used, this way you don't have to soak dishes in clean water that you are probably will throw out and replace with clean water to wash them just reuse the semi-dirty wash water to soak the dishes.

Jane

We have no dishwasher, so it's all hand-washing for us! I bought a kitchen utensil holder made of pottery in a thrift shop. It's great for holding all of the dirty cutlery, and then I wash it at the same time as the cutlery and drain the cutlery in it. I keep it under the sink.

Make sure, too, that you give your dish rack a good scrub once in a while. It amazes me how much gunk that thing gets on it!

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesAugust 30, 2001
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Little Girl Dishwashing
Saving Money On Dishwashing
Homemade Dish Soap Recipes, Man Washing Dishes
Saving Money on Dishwashing Liquid
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 28, 2016 at 12:19:26 AM on 10.0.0.239 in 981 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.