Browsing: Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes

Reaching into the dryer to remove your laundry only to discover the violet crayon is now decorating your clean clothing is frustrating. This is a guide about cleaning melted crayon from dried clothes.

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 15, 2012 Flag

I searched this thread and found this to be the most common successful formula for removing crayon from clothes after going through the washer/dryer, so thought I'd try it. I had red crayon on a whole load of clothes, dozens and dozens of spots. Since it was me and my son's fault, I had to deal with it, sparing my wife the extra work.

I used extra detergent (full cap Tide Free + full cap Tide Stain booster), plus borax (20 Mule Team, 1 cup), plus Oxiclean (4 scoops of the powder). I soaked the clothes for one hour on the hottest setting on our LG topload He machine, then used the heavy soil wash cycle.

Success! Got out 99% of the crayon with this approach. Found three remaining light spots which I'll try washing a second time, but the vast majority are completely gone. Nice!

My son cleaned the dryer drum with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power, which did the job well. I cleaned the filter with Soft Scrub as others had recommended, on a paper towel, with very hot water, and used a butter knife to wedge the towel into the small spaces. A bit of work, but also successful.

I appreciated the many suggestions here on ThriftyFun, and wanted to pass on what worked for me.

Don't give up, it can be done!

By Robbster from Ohio

May 12, 2013 Flag

I never check pockets when I wash clothes, and of course this time I payed the price. I did not realize there was a crayon in a pocket until I dried the load and to my horror saw that I had blue spots on everything. I honestly almost started crying.

I'm so glad I Googled and found this website. I read a lot of ways to help get crayon off, one post said to try LA's Totally Awesome that could be found at a dollar store. Thanks to this tough economy I decided to try this $1.00 product. And let me tell you, thanks goodness for this product.

I soaked the damaged clothes in the washer with hot water (I had a small load of damaged clothes) and poured in half the bottle of LA's Totally Awesome and I let it soak for approximately 30 min. I wanted to be sure the crayon was going to come out so I also scrubbed each piece with a cleaning brush. And wala out came the crayon. I then ran a normal cycle on hot water. Thank you for all the tips. This product will now be a must in my house. Good luck and I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

• 1 half bottle aprox LA's Totally Awesome ($1.00)
  • scrub brush ($1.00)
  • water

Related Products:

1. Soak clothes in washer with hot water and approximately half a bottle of LA's Totally Awesome in washer for about 30 minutes.
  2. Use scrub brush to scrub out crayon.
  3. I poured some more solution directly on spots if they were not coming out.
  4. Add detergent and wash.

August 23, 2014 Flag

Go to your nearest a Dollar Tree or Dollar General and buy a bottle of Awesome. Spray Awesome directly on the dried crayon and soak in hot water. Then use your choice of laundry detergent to pretreat the stain again. After about 10 to 20 minutes put back in machine and wash again.

December 2, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove dried melted crayon off silk/polyester material?

By Candice T.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The best way to get melted crayon or wax out if clothes and the quickest is to out the iron on. Wet a facecloth. Put the damp facecloth on the item of clothing with the wax and iron on top of the damp face cloth keep moving the iron around for 30 seconds Wax is then removed.

May 7, 2011 Flag

My grandson left crayons in his clothing and it has left the clothes dryer and clothes full of crayon. How do I remove it from the cylinder in the dryer and also from his clothes?

By KarenF from Lake Worth, FL

To clean the crayon off of the dryer cylinder used an old/used fabric softener dryer sheet and some elbow grease. The old/used dryer sheet works just like a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I learned this trick from my husband. I'm still researching ways to get melted crayon out of dried clothes.

January 6, 2009 Flag

How do I remove crayon stain from clothes that have been washed?

Ritu

<b>CRAYON REMOVAL</b>

<b>Fabrics:</b>

Place the article of clothing with your childs beautiful art work between paper towels.

Press it with a warm iron.

Repeat this process with a new paper towel.

Then clean with dry-cleaning solvent.

<b>Wallpaper:</b>

Put a commercial spot remover on the surface.

Let it dry.

Then simply brush the crayon off.

<b>Wood Furniture, Furniture Fabrics, Floors, Carpet:</b>

Spray on shaving cream.

Then wipe off your childrens handy work with a paper towel.

http://www.savetimeandmoneyathome.com/cleaning.html

June 6, 2004 Flag

I need help! I have dried clothes in my dryer and have found a black oils pastel crayon melted on all of my clothes. Help how do I get them clean. They are brand new!!! I just washed them once.

Debbie in Illinois

Do you know the RIT website. I have tried but cannot find it.

Editor's Note: Here is the Rit Dye website:

http://www.ritdye.com/home.lasso

July 1, 2012 Flag

What is the best way to get melted crayon out of your clothes?

By Soraya from Kissimmee

Place paper towel on the top and under the clothing and iron on it. The paper towel will absorb the liquid from the crayon.

April 5, 2012 Flag

I washed and dried laundry with crayons. How do you remove these stains?

By Bobbi

White vinegar and baking soda, make a paste and rub on the item of clothing. Leave it to soak up the stain then put through the washing machine and the stain should be out.

November 24, 2011 Flag

How can I remove melted crayon from clothing that has been washed and dried?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 11, 2011
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Crayon marks on a wall.
Removing Crayon From Walls
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
Crayons partially melted on white surface
Cleaning Crayon Stains on Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 29, 2016 at 8:06:07 PM on 10.0.0.59 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.