Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes

1 0EmailFollow
Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.

Reaching into the dryer to remove your laundry only to discover the violet crayon is now decorating your clean clothing is frustrating. This is a guide about removing melted crayon from dried clothes.

Solutions: Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Success Removing Crayon On Clothing

I searched this thread and found this to be the most common successful formula for removing crayon from clothes after going through the washer/dryer, so thought I'd try it. I had red crayon on a whole load of clothes, dozens and dozens of spots. Since it was me and my son's fault, I had to deal with it, sparing my wife the extra work.

I used Extra Detergent (full cap TIDE Free + full cap Tide Stain booster), plus Borax (20 Mule Team, 1 cup), plus Oxyclean (4 scoops of the powder). I soaked the clothes for one hour on the hottest setting on our LG topload He machine, then used the heavy soil wash cycle.

Success! Got out 99% of the crayon with this approach. Found three remaining light spots which I'll try washing a second time, but the vast majority are completely gone. Nice!

My son cleaned the dryer drum with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power, which did the job well. I cleaned the filter with Soft Scrub as others had recommended, on a paper towel, with very hot water, and used a butter knife to wedge the towel into the small spaces. A bit of work, but also successful.

I appreciated the many suggestions here on ThriftyFun, and wanted to pass on what worked for me.

Don't give up, it CAN be done!

By Robbster from Ohio

Tip: Removing Crayon from Washed and Dried Clothes

I never check pockets when I wash clothes, and of course this time I payed the price. I did not realize there was a crayon in a pocket until I dried the load and to my horror saw that I had blue spots on everything. I honestly almost started crying.

I'm so glad I Googled and found this website. I read a lot of ways to help get crayon off, one post said to try LA's Totally Awesome that could be found at a dollar store. Thanks to this tough economy I decided to try this $1.00 product. And let me tell you, thanks goodness for this product.

I soaked the damaged clothes in the washer with hot water (I had a small load of damaged clothes) and poured in half the bottle of LA's Totally Awesome and I let it soak for approximately 30 min. I wanted to be sure the crayon was going to come out so I also scrubbed each piece with a cleaning brush. And wala out came the crayon. I then ran a normal cycle on hot water. Thank you for all the tips. This product will now be a must in my house. Good luck and I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

• 1 half bottle aprox LA's Totally Awesome ($1.00)
  • scrub brush ($1.00)
  • water

1. Soak clothes in washer with hot water and approximately half a bottle of LA's Totally Awesome in washer for about 30 minutes.
  2. Use scrub brush to scrub out crayon.
  3. I poured some more solution directly on spots if they were not coming out.
  4. Add detergent and wash.

By afiprincess [1]

Tip: Getting Melted Crayon Out of Dried Clothes

Go to your nearest a Dollar Tree or Dollar General and buy a bottle of Awesome. Spray Awesome directly on the dried crayon and soak in hot water. Then use your choice of laundry detergent to pretreat the stain again. After about 10 to 20 minutes put back in machine and wash again. It takes the stains right out

By ashleydanger67 [1]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes.

Question: Black Oil Pastel Crayon on Clothing

I need help! I have dried clothes in my dryer and have found a black oils pastel crayon melted on all of my clothes. Help how do I get them clean. They are brand new!!! I just washed them once.

Debbie in Illinois

Most Recent Answer

By Robin (Guest Post)10/29/2007

Black lipstick washed and dried with clothes. How do you get it off?

Question: Crayon Melted on Clothing and Clothes Dryer

My grandson left crayons in his clothing and it has left the clothes dryer and clothes full of crayon. How do I remove it from the cylinder in the dryer and also from his clothes?

By KarenF from Lake Worth, FL

Most Recent Answer

By looneylulu [14]06/15/2011

I know this sounds crazy but I'd spray the dryer with WD-40 and wipe down. As for clothes if you take newspaper, lay it over crayon marks using a hot iron run it over the newspaper. As the was in the crayons melts it will be soaked into the newspaper.

Question: Removing Melted Crayon from Fabric

Does anyone know how to remove dried melted crayon off silk/polyester material?

By Candice T.

Most Recent Answer

By Ziggyziggy [1]12/29/2014

The best way to get melted crayon or wax out if clothes and the quickest is to out the iron on. Wet a facecloth. Put the damp facecloth on the item of clothing with the wax and iron on top of the damp face cloth keep moving the iron around for 30 seconds Wax is then removed.

Question: Removing Melted Crayon from Clothes

What is the best way to get melted crayon out of your clothes?

By Soraya from Kissimmee

Most Recent Answer

By Dorothy [40]07/02/2012

Place paper towel on the top and under the clothing and iron on it. The paper towel will absorb the liquid from the crayon.

Question: Crayon Stain in Clothes

I washed and dried laundry with crayons. How do you remove these stains?

By Bobbi

Most Recent Answer

By ofarrellsaus04/11/2012

White vinegar and baking soda, make a paste and rub on the item of clothing. Leave it to soak up the stain then put through the washing machine and the stain should be out.

Question: Removing Melted Crayon from Clothing

How can I remove melted crayon from clothing that has been washed and dried?

By Jeremy

Most Recent Answer

By tasana [3]12/16/2011

Is it crayon stains or crayon pieces melted on the clothing? This is what my mom did when I left crayons in my pocket and she didn't know about it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5563276_remove-clothing-after-washing-drying.html

Question: Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

How do you get melted crayon out of a full load of light clothes that have already gone through the washer and dryer?

By Shellerz from Dsm, IA

Most Recent Answer

By Foxes10/20/2011

LA's Totally Awesome! 1/2 bottle in the prewash compartment and 1/2 bottle in the main wash compartment and then set on the hottest water possible and add the soak phase. Incredible! Worked the first time! I had cotton T-Shirts and a nylon running jacket. I set mine on "Whitest Whites" (extra hot wash) and the "Soak Mode". LA's Totally Awesome can be found at Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart. I've been using it on so many things, including my laundry stains, for a couple of years. I didn't realize it would work on crayons until now!

Question: Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Jeans

How do you remove melted black crayon from denim jeans?

By Shirley G.

Question: Washing Melted Crayons Out of Clothes

If the directions on the clothes call for only cold water, how can I get the melted crayons out? I am desperate! A load of my husband's work clothes (all brand new) got washed and dried with red crayon. Help!

By Bekah

Question: Getting Crayons Out of Washed and Dried Clothes.

How can you get crayons out of washed and dried clothes?

By Cheryl H

How do I remove stains left by crayons that melted on a load of clothes in the dryer?

By Linda T.

Question: Removing Crayon from Dried Clothes

A brown crayon went through the washer and dryer and now there are spots all over everything! This happened before and I tried spraying with a stain remover and soaking in hot water. Some things came clean, others, not so much. Any better ideas?

By Andrea B.

I washed and dried a crayon and now it is all over the clothes. How do I get it out?

By Mellissa W.

Question: Removing Crayon Stains from Dried Clothing

How do you get crayon out of clothes that have been dried in the dryer?

By Julie

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that ma