Browsing: 90th Birthday Party Ideas

90th Birthday Party Ideas

I need ideas for my mother's 90th birthday party.

By BonnieBonnie P. from IA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Looks like your Mom was born in 1919, my Dad's birth year [he's gone]. So she was 10 in 1929, when the market crashed, and spent her teens in the Great Depression, and was in her prime early 20s during WW2. She saw all the wars and went from Ice box years, radio shows instead of TV, Sputnik (October 17th, 1957 I think) and now the internet. There are a lot of pix out there of all those things, events, I'd do a great big collage on one or two pieces of posterboard, and print pix from the internet.

She probably saw movies with all the old stars: Clark Gable, Greer Garson, Bette Davis, Ronald Coleman,

Lana Turner, Leslie Howard, all the Barrymores, Jean Arthur, Jimmy Stewart, Joan Crawford, Joan Blondell, just look up stars of the 30s and 40s.

What fun. Wish her happy birthday from all of us.

Wow. Sounds like she has more than earned her memories worth! That is cool! How about some of the party time being spent on her telling stories of her youth or a slide show of favorite old photos! On the American Memory website they have a lot of old time songs you can play - you might check it out to find some sing-a-longs!

Happy Birthday!

Lit candles in the shape of "90" against a white background
90th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayOctober 11, 2009
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:59:18 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.