Using Plastic Things from around Soda Cans

Hi,
You know the plastic things that come from around a six pack of soda cans? Can anyone think of any good uses for those? I cut all of mine up so that they don't hurt the wildlife but it seem that there should be some other use for them rather than adding them to the landfill.

- Susan D.

Showing: Answers Sort

By longfarm 14 Flag

I staple mine together in such a way as to form a giant snowflake; paint it white and while the paint is still wet, sprinkle on glitter. Add a hanger and use for Christmas decorations. I have also seen them used to make puffy valances over windows. If you are interested let me know and I will send you the pattern I drew up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By hiprosa 4 2 Flag

You can make flowers out of them. Cut them out ( the circle part ) bend them into a figure 8 shape, and poke a bamboo shiskabob stick in the figure 8, paint them all colors with spray paint. You have a great flower bouquet !

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By notjcwen 2 Flag

I tie them together and use them for trellis for my morning glories and other vining plants.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By dianna_sepeda 1 Flag

You can use the plastic rings from a six-pack of soft drinks and use them with your clothes hangers to better use your closet space. You cut the plastic to make six rings (circles.) Then loop one ring around the hook part of the hanger and now you can hang another garment on a hanger from that ring or you can loop a scarf that goes with that outfit or loop a belt. It can also help children dress themselves because you can hang the top and bottom that coordinate together. Happy closet organizing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

for Sue L

I would love to see the pattern for the snowflakes from Soda can plastic thingies. Could not find it on the message board.

- Rose

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

About the 6 pack rings, one thing I have used then for is to hang colored yarn or thread on when I'm going a needlework project, Just fold each bunch of yarn or thread strands in half, drop the loop through the ring and pull the ends through the dropped loop.Then one strand at a time can be

pulled off.

I also hung a lamp to a shelf bracket with one so my cats couldn't knock it off the shelf. I put it together with a twist tie.

- Linne Dodds

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By longfarm 14 Flag

You will have to tell me how to upload the instructions on your site for the Giant Snowflake. I have no idea how. There are 1-1/2 pages.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest client (Guest Post) Flag

I use them for potholders. I do a Double Crochet all around the ring and intwine them 6 together of and then I do a Single Crochet all around and this makes them all tight together. You can use yarn or Cotton thread either one. But I like to use cotton yarn as it will be from Varigated Colors and can match anthing. Hope this helps you some..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I am a teacher. I have my students make roses for Mother's Day. You take a wooden kabob skewer and paint it green. Then you add a green leaf made of construction paper. Attach the leaf using floral tape. After the soda rings are painted red, you place several of them on the end of the skewer. And Wah-lah you have a rose! I also talk to my students about recycling as well as the problems that the soda rings cause animals.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Frances Marshall 1 Flag

When making the potholders, how do you intertwine the rings? Frances

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How are the rings used to make the puffy window valances?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Cut them up in strange ways to make a snowflake.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan B N. 1 Flag

If you do not want them, I would surely take them off of your hands. I would even pay you to ship them to Lincoln, Nebraska where I live.

SBN

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 2:29:12 PM on 10.0.2.74 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings