Crafts Made With Plastic Can Rings

Category Other

Reusing these common trash items, keeps them from going to the landfill. This guide contains crafts made with plastic can rings.

I have been searching the net for weeks to find a craft that involves plastic 6-pack rings. I am hoping someone will be able to share something, anything is good. I am interested in making a purse, blue bonnet flowers(?) but I haven't attempted any of these things on my own. Thank you in advance for your help.

Erica from New Braunfels, TX

Answers

Years ago a friend taught me how to make a crocheted door hanger for Christmas decorating.It was a really easy project and I made many for gifts.If I can find one in my Christmas decorations I'll send a photo and try to explain how it's done.

I was hoping someone would have a website for these crafts---my kids made "snowflakes" out of about 6 of them using a small stapler. and than they were sprayed with glitterly snow that comes in a can. I cherish them every holiday and look forward to bringing them out to display. I wish I was computer smart so I could take pictures for you:(

I just saw a wonderful snowflake made from 6-pack tops.....does anyone have a pattern for it?
Please email me at RobinP @ juno . com (remove spaces)

Years ago, my aunt made a cross from the rings. It was beautiful. She made lots of them for the church at Easter. Does anyone know how to do this? I was very young, and of course, did not pay attention as to how they were made. I would really appreciate it , if someone has the instructions.

Here's a link to the snowflake pattern and picture.
http://www.dani  .html#snowflakep

i'd like to know how to make that soda 6 pack snowflake too, if someone could send me the instructions at drunkin69princess(at)hotmail(dot)com (i put the at and dot in brackets in case there is any email spam..thanks for helping) I'd like to do them with my brownies.

I saw a snowflake craft one time in a magazine and I can't find it again and have been looking everywhere for it. If you hear of that would you let me know? sandy6162000 AT yahoo.com

I know how to make the snowflakes, but I need to find instructions/pictures of the bluebonnets. Please help!

Hi,
You know the plastic things that come from around a six pack of soda cans? Can anyone think of any good uses for those? I cut all of mine up so that they don't hurt the wildlife but it seem that there should be some other use for them rather than adding them to the landfill.
- Susan D.

Answers

I staple mine together in such a way as to form a giant snowflake; paint it white and while the paint is still wet, sprinkle on glitter. Add a hanger and use for Christmas decorations. I have also seen them used to make puffy valances over windows. If you are interested let me know and I will send you the pattern I drew up.

You can make flowers out of them. Cut them out ( the circle part ) bend them into a figure 8 shape, and poke a bamboo shiskabob stick in the figure 8, paint them all colors with spray paint. You have a great flower bouquet !

I tie them together and use them for trellis for my morning glories and other vining plants.

You can use the plastic rings from a six-pack of soft drinks and use them with your clothes hangers to better use your closet space. You cut the plastic to make six rings (circles.) Then loop one ring around the hook part of the hanger and now you can hang another garment on a hanger from that ring or you can loop a scarf that goes with that outfit or loop a belt. It can also help children dress themselves because you can hang the top and bottom that coordinate together. Happy closet organizing.

for Sue L
I would love to see the pattern for the snowflakes from Soda can plastic thingies. Could not find it on the message board.
- Rose

About the 6 pack rings, one thing I have used then for is to hang colored yarn or thread on when I'm going a needlework project, Just fold each bunch of yarn or thread strands in half, drop the loop through the ring and pull the ends through the dropped loop.Then one strand at a time can be
pulled off.

I also hung a lamp to a shelf bracket with one so my cats couldn't knock it off the shelf. I put it together with a twist tie.

- Linne Dodds

You will have to tell me how to upload the instructions on your site for the Giant Snowflake. I have no idea how. There are 1-1/2 pages.

By guest client (Guest Post)

I use them for potholders. I do a Double Crochet all around the ring and intwine them 6 together of and then I do a Single Crochet all around and this makes them all tight together. You can use yarn or Cotton thread either one. But I like to use cotton yarn as it will be from Varigated Colors and can match anthing. Hope this helps you some..

I am looking for the instructions for making Texas bluebonnet flowers from plastic can rings. Can someone help? A few years back I attended a function in Harlingen, Texas for the BPOE Does, in which they had made the "Texas Bluebonnets" from six pack plastic can rings and used them to decorate and also gave them as favors for the attendees. Maybe someone from that organization would be so kind as to send me the instructions on how to make them. Thanks so very much from a member of the Amarillo Chapter of BPOE Does

By Jeri O.

Can anyone give me the directions for making a hanging lighted Christmas ball from the 6 pack plastic rings?

By Cindy from Union Bay, BC