Recipes Using Pawpaws

We have a great crop of ripe pawpaws this year. I know how to make cookies and bread with them (I found some recipes online last year), but was wondering if anyone know of any other uses/recipes for them? This is only my second season working with them and I sure would appreciate some old-time, tried and true recipes. This is not my photo, it comes from an educational site.

By Susanne56 from Wooster, OH

What's a paw paw?

http://www.ohiopawpaw.com/

Hey, just found this site it may be some use to you just highlight the top part and copy and paste into your address bar

Shirley golden7673 AT yahoo.com

I checked out the site from Golden 7673 (thank you!) and got this description of the fruit: What Is A Pawpaw?

The pawpaw (Asimina triloba) is North America's largest native tree fruit. The fruit has a wonderful creamy texture and a tropical flavor. Southern Ohio is home to some of the largest and best tasting wild pawpaw patches on the planet. The pawpaw is also super nutritious and historically significant. Come wander the hills and discover why George Washington's favorite dessert was chilled pawpaw.

The recipes I do have come from Kentucky State University http://www.pawpaw.kysu.edu/

With green pawpaw you can make curries and pickles.

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitSeptember 28, 2009
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes
🎄