Cigarette Burns on a Wood Table

I have a cigarette burn in a wooden table top, what do I do to fix it?

By smsopko8829 from Kansas City, KS

Answers

Ever hear of "if you can't beat them join them"? I love burnt wood. I often build tables and burn them with a small butane burner, really bringing out the woods grain. If you really find you can't fix it, then perhaps you can burn the table so they don't stand out? Just a thought. Good Luck!

May 29, 2009 Flag

I've been given a pine dining table but there are several cigarette burns on it. Someone has tried to remove them with sandpaper, but this has only lifted the varnish. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could repair this?

By Filynne from Scotland

Answers:

Cigarette Burns on Wood Table

It sounds like you're going to have to sand out and refinish the entire top of the table. That's no big deal. If you prefer to not go through that yet, you might try this, with a paintbrush lightly stroke a little bleach onto the burns. It should lighten them some. Then use clean steel wool and stroke the burn marks in the direction of the grain. Again, it should lighten and make them less noticeable. If you want perfection, use Danish Oil Stain a shade darker than the original color. Apply it as per directions to a completely sanded top. Burn marks are burn marks, damage. They also add character. Appreciate you table as it is? (04/14/2009)

By hoyden

Cigarette Burns on a Wood Table

I have been in some stores lately and they sell like a crayons, but they are for wood. It is to color in spots. Maybe you could sand out the marks and then color them back in. Look in furniture departments. (04/18/2009)

By hercybaby

Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesMay 29, 2009
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarette
Repairing Cigarette Burns on a Couch
cigarette burning
Repairing Cigarette Burns on Leather
🎉
🎄