Repairing Cigarette Burns on a Couch

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

How do I repair cigarette burns in a velvet sofa?

Answers

Best Answer

You will need to clean the area first and remove all the burned edges. After go to the back of the sofa or under the sofa to cut a piece of fabric. Place the fabric inside the hole and use a fabric glue to glue it in place. You may be able to find some iron on patches. I do belive they sold them before but I am not sure they still sell them now.

Best Answer

It will be difficult to make this spot 'disappear' but following professional instructions can make it less noticeable.
I believe it works best if you trim the burnt edges and then use fabric or fray glue to glue the edges on the under material before cutting a matching piece.
Let the glue dry completely and then cut a piece (from the back or hidden area) larger than your hole so you can trim it to fit as closely as possible.

homeguides.sfgate.com/fix-burn-holes-couches-56920.html

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-mend-a-cigarette-burn-on-a...

Answer this Question

8 More Questions

Someone dropped a cigarette on my leather couch, it didn't burn a hole in it, but it left burn marks. I want to get those marks off. It's an offwhite leather and they were very expensive. Please help.

By Kathy

Answers

Best Answer

You might be able to cover it up a little with some shoe polish (white or beige) or maybe liquid paper. I would first try to put some shoe polish or lp in a place that doesnt show like the back of the sofa. It may not be an exact match but might cover it cosmetically. I have used liquid paper to cover flaws on white leather shoes. And i use shoe polish to cover scratches on my leather furniture.

Answer this Question

How do I fix a cigarette burn on a suede couch?

Answers

Best Answer

I had to do this when my husband was a smoker :D I cut a piece of the cloth from the back bottom of the couch and sewed it into the hole. You really REALLY could not tell!

Answer this Question

I have a couch that has 3 cigarette burns in the suede fabric. The couch is expensive and I would like to repair it myself or pay someone to do this. Where can I get help? Thank you.

Answers

You can do it if you have a scissors to cut away the burned portion, fabric glue, and scraps of the same fabric.

Go to this website for complete instructions: homeguides.sfgate.com/fix-burn-holes-couches-56920.html

Answer this Question

How can I repair a cigarette burn in a couch?

By ann from Clifton, VA

Answers

It depends on what type of fabric? Lots of ways for all fabrics!

how can i repair a burn mark on a faux leather chair

Answer this Question

I need to repair a cigarette burn in a micro suede couch. Any suggestions?

How do you repair a burn hole from a cigarette in a tan microfiber couch?

I have cigarette burns in my sofa (fabric) that I bought a year ago. I have extra throw pillows that I don't need with the same fabric.

How do I fix a cigarette burn in a microfiber sectional?

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasApril 8, 2013
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf40082385.tip.html