Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making a Cat Out of Yarn

Does anyone have a pattern for a yarn cat from the 80s? The yarn is wrapped around cardboard pieces and then cut and put together.

By COCA from Gap, PA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mongy03/24/2013

I have a pattern. Reply to this post and I will share.

By sharon coker09/20/2011

Were you ever able to get the instructions for this? I cant find them.

Here are questions related to Making a Cat Out of Yarn.

Question: Pattern for Yarn Cat

If anyone has a pattern for making a kitty cat from yarn wrapped around cardboard, please post it here as I want to make one, but cannot find a pattern anywhere. God Bless!

By Connie

Most Recent Answer

By Mongy03/24/2013

I have a pattern. I tried to photo and upload it but had trouble. If you reply to this post I will try again.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making a Cat Out of Yarn

Some years ago I used to make a cat out of yarn. All I can remember is wrapping a yard around cardboard. I no longer have the pattern. I am looking for anyone that can remember how it was made? Please if someone does remember how to do this, please post it. Thank you.

By Bert from Lincoln, NE

RE: Making a Cat Out of Yarn

I found a site on line that has something like what I was looking for. It is craftster.org look under yarn kitty. (05/19/2010)

By neb_birdie

Archive: Making a Cat Out of Yarn

I was wondering if any one had a pattern to make yarn cats. You use cardboard or plastic strips and wrap yarn around them. Then you brush out the yarn to make it soft. These make beautiful cats with felt ears and plastic cat eyes. I would love to find this pattern if anyone can help! Thanks.

By Debra from Cheyenne, WY