Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

Category Miscellaneous
Coat hanger animal crafts have been around for many years. Many of us are familiar with the yarn dogs. Similar steps can be used to create a cute yarn cat. This is a guide about making a coat hanger yarn cat.

Does anyone have the pattern to make a cat with a wire hanger and yarn?

By Kathy from Lakewood, NJ

Answers

Anonymous

There have been several requests at Thrifty Fun for a wire hanger cat pattern. I'm beginning to believe that one does not exist.

Well I made up my own and I think it's cute. I you think so too., lol. I made it the same as the dog with the following differences: for the ears I cut out 2 pieces of fun foam in a triangle shape and then put a slit in the center bottom of each, this is so that I could hot glue one side over the other to give the ear a slight bend to appear like a real cats ear. I hot glues them into the yarn where the ears are supposed to be. I then used small pom poms to form the nose and hot glued a upside down heart on to form the nose. I hot glues on the wiggle eyes too. For the tail I used 6 pieces of yarn about 5 inches long, tied a knot at one end and then braided them together. To do the braiding I had two strands of yarn for each strand to braid (3 strands). When I got to the end I knotted the braid. I them tied on the pom poms to form a nice full fluffy tail.

Here is a horse I made too!. make the body the same as the dog/cat. Make the ears the same as the cat. for the nose make a pompom using the long side of your cardboard (approx 4 1/2 inches) ties it the same as all the other pompoms. cut a 5 inch piece of yarn. now take the pompom and fold it where you tied it in the middle and then take the piece of yarn you cut and tie it around the open end of the folded pompom. this will make a nice little nose for your horse.

Hot glue it in place for the nose. Make a tail for your horse using the long side of your cardboard (approx 4 1/2 inches) tied it on the top and then cut open the bottom edges. Use the tie to attach it to the frame. use ribbon to make a harness and reins for your horse using hot glue to attach it. Place a single piece of yarn on the bottom of the nose to form a mouth. For the mane on the back of the neck make the long pompoms and attach to the frame.

I just posted the way I made a cat and a horse. Good luck.

Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

Does anyone have a pattern to a yarn kitten or cat pattern made with a clothes hanger? It is made like the poodle dog.

Martha from Smithdale, MS

Answers:

Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

Actually I found this on Thrifyfun site:

thriftyfun.com

I am chairperson of our ladies ministry craft group and yesterday was our first meeting after the new year and I brought this exact yarn dog instructions to show them and to ask, "Do you remember these?" Boy you should have heard them.
(01/08/2009)

By janet