Yarn Love Bug Craft

Category Miscellaneous
This cutie is made using fancy yarn, a Styrofoam ball, and some other easy to get or on-hand craft supplies. This is a guide about making a yarn love bug craft.

Make love bugs for any holiday.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. First take thick paper or cardboard 5 inches wide and wrap yarn around paper/cardboard (see photo). I used thick fuzzy yarn so I went around 50 times. If you used standard yarn choose 3 colors that blend and go around 35 times with all 3 at the same time.
  2. Ad

3. Take piece of yarn and tie a knot around yarn center of paper.
  4. Cut other side so you come out with equal lengths of yarn on both sides of knot.
  5. Take foam ball and glue yarn over ball.
  6. Take the foam for felt and make large heart shaped pieces for feet and glue.
  7. Glue eyes on yarn.
  8. Take chenille stick and cut in half. I made hearts for hands from white felt and glued to chenille stick.
  9. Stick chenille sticks into the foam.

There is your Love bug. You can make the bug hold a sign saying "I love you", if you want or change it up and use green yarn and shamrocks for St. Patricks Day, red, white, and blue for 4th of July. It's endless.

By Crafter from New England

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I love it. Thanks for the great idea. I would love to do this with my daughter and then give them away at work to my co-workers. Everyone needs to have fun.

Karyn

By (Guest Post)

This one's a keeper!! Thanks for the submission.
Pat V in Roseville, MI

By denise w (Guest Post)

Thanks for your post love this one I do children's fair items and this will be a big hit thanks d

By (Guest Post)

This is really cute and easy to make! I will make some of these with our Children's Church kids for Mother's Day. Thanks!