Seeking Childbearing Advice

On the serious side, I have a precious niece who has been through all kinds of fertility treatments to no avail. This is depressing to a young couple who can offer a child a loving home and anything it could ever want. The only procedure they have not yet tried is invetro fertilization.The procedure is like $13000. Does anyone know of a clinic where they try for one price as many times as it takes to achieve success? With adoption as risky as it is today this is a scary process as well. And what can you really say to encourage someone who's seen failure time after time? You have many wonderful readers and I'm sure someone can offer helpful advice. Thanks in advance! Sharon,Ky

Hi...so sorry for your niece. My sister and her husband went through the same thing about 3 years ago. They went to Little Rock , AR (since we live in Missouri) and went throught the invitro procedure 3 times (at $10,000 apiece) before they had their son, which is a precious miracle! I've never heard of a clinic that would just take one price and then you can go back as many times as you need. My sister did research in several big cities before she settled on Little Rock. It is very in depth. She had to give herself shots of hormones for weeks, (although she said she would do it again). Now, the first time they had eggs retrieved, they retrieved something like 6 eggs and only had 2 implanted the first time. Each time they went back, it was around $5,000. I think all in all, she was very happy that they did it, and went back again , after they had their son, because they had 2 embryos left, but they did not implant. Good luck to your niece and if you have any questions, you can email me and i'll ask my sis! Alica Rutherford

One thing to try that is harmless is red raspberry leaf tea and Dong Quai.

Dong Quai is good for any female problems (cramps, menopause), it's the female ginseng and is good for balancing out hormones. ( http://www.kcwe  herb/donquai.htm ) (It is NOT recommended during pregnancy.)

Red raspberry leaf tea ( http://konzabab  ipod.com/RRL.htm ) has great properties for those wanting to get pregnant or that are pregnant or nursing.

I have personally used both of these herbs with no ill effects and I believe positive ones.

Susan from ThriftyFun

The reason I asked about the clinic which did repeats,I saw on one of the talk shows about a clinic and I can't remember the name of it or where. Seems like it may have been on Dr. Phil. If anyone saw this and may have written it down or have it on tape please let me know.