Bedroom Curtain Color Advice

Category Curtains
Purple curtains in a bedroom.
Choosing a complementary or even contrasting color for your bedroom curtains can help achieve the overall color scheme you are seeking. This is a guide about bedroom curtain color advice.

I have painted my master bedroom light grey and my bedroom set is black with silver. Which color should I pick for my curtains and area rug that will look great all year long? How about during fall season?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I would say light blue or even a light purple could be great. For your rug you could find one with different shades of the color you choose

I just painted my bedroom walls Benjamin Moore Nimbus Gray, which is really blue. On my bed I have a solid quilt in a pink, almost watermelon color, with blue and white toss pillows. I have light maple furniture and a cream colored carpet and white cellular shades. I wanted to add curtains, but am stumped as to what color they should be.

By JDS

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I would take a paint swatch, when you go to shop for curtains, and go with a color a shade or two lighter than the walls, but not much lighter. You don't want to break the flow of the room, or since the items in the bedroom are in solids, look for Victorian print curtains incorporating the bedspread, wall, blanket, etc. colors. I would also take the curtain length to the floor, not to the window sill.

From your photo, it seems that you have white blinds for privacy. I like that look just as it is. However, if you want curtains as well, I would go with white sheers. I think with the dark walls, and the bright colours on the bed, you do not want to add another dark colour nor any kind of pattern. I think that would be overdone. I think the room looks very nice just the way it is.

Anonymous

My room is tropical punch my furniture is Brown what color curtain should I use

My walls are a cream colour while my carpet is darkish brown. Please could you help decorate my guest bedroom by helping me choose colours for curtains and bedsheets that will go with my darkish brown and cream walls guest bedroom.

I just painted my bedroom. The main wall is dark sky blue and the other 3 walls are a lighter blue. My carpet is a tweed in a grayish blue. I would like advice on colors for a comforter and vertical blinds.

I would match the vertical blinds with the wall colour, either the main wall or the accent wall, depending on what you like. You could go with a darker blue or mixed blue print for bedding, or go with white duvet and pillows and a blue accent blanket or some blue throw pillows.

That's a lot of blue, so I'd pick a bright color like yellow to accent those different shades and have white blinds. If you don't like the vivid accent color; then a soft cream would work.

I would have white blinds and pick up some of the gray in the comforter with some blues and whites. Would be gorgeous

I have pink walls in my bedroom. 3 are light pink and 1 is dark pink. Which colour of curtains should I opt for in that bedroom?

Go for white curtains

white light pink and dark pink the kind that look like theyre dipped in dye faded from white to dark pink

I think white would look great. Or, you could go with a shade of pink that matches either of the walls, or is lighter or darker. If you like prints - geometric or flowers, a print in shades of pink and white, and perhaps some other colours (say yellow and green, if you went for a flowered print), might be nice.

I have vintage lace wallpaper by Crown in my bedroom; this is the feature wall. It has a white background and a light pink pattern. The other three walls, which includes the window wall are white. What colour curtains would look right? Thanks.

By Max W

If you can find a pink and white toile I think it would look nice or white lace with the colored designs (I'm thinking pink) on them would also look good.

It looks like your headboard is a white "lace-look" design. I would suggest painting the other 3 walls a light pink to match the wallpaper and use a vintage lace pattern curtain. If you didn't want to paint the walls, you could try to find a light pink vintage lace pattern curtain... or dye white ones if you're brave.

I would go with either white or solid pink - either light or dark, or a pink and white print. If you want room darkening curtains, be sure you have solid ones that are lined. Alternately, you could put mini blinds in the window to darken the room, and then lace or sheer curtains to keep the light airy effect of the lacy patterns in the room.

I have white walls, a light tan headboard, and blue and white comforter with a little design in the center. I am trying to find a coordinating color for the drapes. I thought maybe yellow or green. I hate to stick with white. Please help.

By Katherine

Use the colors you have and don't add anymore.

I agree. If you are keeping the comforter, do not add any colours. Use white or tan or blue drapes, or some combo of those in a print. If you plan to change the bedcovering, yellow or green drapes would be fine, but you would want to have the bedcovering to match the drapes, or to be white or tan.

Our bedroom has white walls and beige and light brown carpet. Our bed is white leather and our bedding is gray and turquoise paisley with sort of a lime green and white outlining of the print. I was thinking of going with lime green sheets and lime green grommet curtains because the green in the bedding is not really bold. It just traces the print throughout. I need help. Thank you in advance if you have any advice.

By Stephanie O.

It really depends on your personality and how the rest of your home is decorated. The lime green would be a beautiful choice and if you like bright, bold colors, you will love it. If you tend to be conservative in your decore, the lime might feel a bit loud and you'll probably be more happy with a tan. With the other things you've described in your room, the lime will go quite well. You can always buy a single curtain panel, try it out, and return it if you don't like the way it looks.

Depends on whether you like bland or not. I personally would choose the turquoise in the pillows to liven things up a bit.

I am trying to put curtains up in my bedroom. The walls are painted with neutral colors (off white). I was thinking about getting orange curtains and light blue scarves. Is that a nice color match?

By Adja

Sounds pretty! The orange and blue are almost complementary colors (colors opposite each other on the color wheel) which is pleasing to the eyes.

Here's a pretty room using those colors. :)

I have a small bedroom with a black and gold patterned wall paper on one side of the room, a green wall, blue floor, and black furniture. What colour curtains are best for the 2 windows to make the room warm and happy?

I have white walls and black furniture in my bedroom. My bed spread is dark brown and the comforter has leopard print, zebra print, and giraffe print -- all brown. My floor is maybe a brownish red wood. I'm not sure what color curtains I should choose. I'm not quite sure if I want brown or should do black or maybe vertical black and white stripes? Maybe something else? Help?

Go to a fabric store or a bath/bedding store. Pick up a brown towel and a black towel since those are your base colors. Lay another towel across the two and make your decision. Gold, tan or beige for a soft look or red, turquoise, yellow or peach for a soft look. Choose what you like. Since you already have a leopard print, you may want to stay with a solid color. You can also look at some bedroom arrangements in furniture ads or on line look at some bedroom comforter sets and see what they use. Have fun and don't stress.

I'm really struggling for curtain colors in a newly decorated bedroom, please see pictures attached. I have Earthborn "Marbles" on the walls, and one feature wall in Earthborn "Muddy Fox". The carpet is a biscuity color.

It's really quite neutral so lots of colors would go I suppose, but it isn't a massive room and I'd like to try and keep it light, airy, relaxing, and with an impression of space.

You've got the basis down for an array of autumn colors to brighten the room. It appears to look in the pics that you have a warm and a cool color on the walls, so choose shades that compliment the two. For the lighter wall, add some cool blue to the fall color pallet. Just don't go overboard with too much hot colors of red/orange/yellow.

My bedroom is painted blue and I have a grey carpet. I want to put new curtains in my room. What woulld be the best options for curtain colors?

By Somaira

Personally, I am a big fan of white sheers, a nice satin drape, or lace curtains over blinds (because you want it dark sometimes, and you don't want the neighbours to be able to see in!). However, you could go with shades of blue, either solids or with a pattern, or creams, or maybe a silvery grey that has a nice sheen to it and matches the rug not exactly, but in tone. Some greys are brownish, and you wouldn't want to match a bluish grey with a brownish grey rug, for example. I would stick with those colours.

I have cream walls in my living room with dark brown furniture, brown carpet, and a beige sofa. What would be the best color for the curtains? I have cream walls in my bedroom with off white furniture and a brown wardrobe. What would be the best color for the curtains?

By mo

Since everything else is neutral, I would pick curtains that pop. Maybe a rich contrasting color or an interesting pattern that ties in the shades of brown in the room. If you are buying curtains, get some you like and try them out. You can always return them if you don't like them. If you are making them yourself, get a small swatch of the fabric to take home and try against the walls and furniture to see if you like it before committing to buying yards and yards of fabric. If you have pets, I can tell you that darker curtains will hide fur and marks from them peeking between the curtains better than light curtains.

Also think about curtain weight. If your window gets direct sunlight, you may want heavier, darker curtains to block the sunlight in the summer. If your living room window is in an area that is shaded, you may want lighter more airy curtains that will let some light in.

We have the entire house painted white. All the rooms shall be well lit by natural light. Can you suggest curtain colors for living room and 3 bedrooms? Is it a good idea to keep all the 3 bedrooms' curtains the same in color or is variance good?

By Samikhya

My goodness...you can use any color you want. If you like pastels use that. If you like primary colors use that. I would not make all 3 bedrooms the same -- variety is the spice of life. Those colors would rely on the occupant and the age. Good Luck!

What colour curtain goes with light brown walls and and black furniture? What colour bedding will go it?

By Michell

This is a very neutral pallet, and you could likely use any color or design that you like. Why don't you go to a department store or bedding shop where they sell sets, and pick out something that you like. I would suggest something in shades of blue and brown, because I have seen patterns in that color that I like. Many of these sets have curtains to match. If the set that you like doesn't, pick curtains that match one of the colors in the pattern. However, just about any color would do. Greens, shades of white and cream if you like a neutral pallet, burgundy, pink. You might find a solid that you like as well. If you pick a particularly striking bedding set, you might want to match the drape color to the wall color - either the same shade or lighter; this will make the room look larger, and put the focus on the bed.

I'm trying to pick out curtains for my bedroom. The two walls with windows are a darker tan and the wall without windows is a medium blue color. My furniture is dark mahogany and my comforter is gray with circular designs on it.

By BI

With those colors you could go with a darker blue and lace in between. You can never go wrong with white lace so perhaps that first and if you wanted more blue, a darker valance? I hope that helps.

I have a bedroom I am working on that I need some help with. I have espresso furniture and the bed spread is a medium purple with white and I need some curtains.

Any recommendations?

By Milena

Look for sheets in a color that match your spread and make a simple tie back curtain.

Our bedroom colour is very light brown, with a dark chocolate colour.

By Kamal

I just gutted my bedroom. I have new wardrobes which are dark maple and cream doors. What colour suggestions for bedding, curtains, etc.?

By Terri

I have pale yellow walls and a cream/brown carpet. The majority of my furniture is brown wood or an imitation, with the exception of an electric piano which appears as black painted wood. What colour curtains should I try to get and if possible what colour palette I should try for duvet/bedspread colours and wall decor?

By Raven

We just painted our master bedroom partly dark grey and the other half, including ceiling a light grey. It has tall tray ceilings. All baseboards are white and we have a black leather platform bed with high back. We are going for a dramatic sexy look. Not sure if I should do black or white curtains, or whether to use silk or cotton. Thank you!

By Andrea

My bedroom walls are beige and one is pink. My bed is dark brown. I need help with the colors of the furniture and the curtains. I am a mess.

By Joanna

My bedroom walls are dark red/maroon. What color curtains would work best with that wall color?

By Aleida J.

I'm trying to figure out what color drapes I need in my bedroom. I have one wall that is burgundy with a large window and the other walls, one has a small window.

By Patty

I have dark brown furniture and a beige full length headboard and white walls and flooring. What colour curtains should I get?

By R Parikh

I recently purchased dark brown bedroom furniture and my wall color is yellow (more of a gold tone). I only have one window in my bedroom so I want a curtain that is going to "pop"!

By BH