Dining Room Curtain Color Advice

Category Curtains
Dining room with curtains.
No one wants to have a curtain color choice disaster. It can be hard to envision what color curtains will work best with your furnishings and paint color. This is a guide about dining room curtain color advice.

I have a dining room with dark grey walls and I don't know what color curtains to do. The room has a sliding glass door and four windows, so there is plenty of light. There is a breakfast bar that connects the dining room to the kitchen that has black, grey, white, and tan in the countertops. Any ideas? Thanks!

By Jill P.

Hi Jill, I picture light colored linen curtains for your windows. Something along the same color in your counter. For the higher windows, you could go long or short and use long for the slider door of the same material. If you wanted to dress them up you could sew (or tacky glue!) on grey toned embelishments. Good luck!

I would use a soft rose color. Look at your picture and how the color of the flowers on the table just pop. I would also get a tablecloth to match. If everything in the room is solid, you could use a print to add some dimension.

I have brown carpet and creamy white walls in the dining room. I need to add color for curtains, any suggestions? I like blue gray colors and maybe some texture. Please help. I do not want to use green.

I did an internet search myself to find out what color drapes I should use in my living room. One of the websites mentioned to go with solid color drapes if you have a sofa with printed fabric. And go with printed drapes if your sofa is a solid color. They say to match your drapes to your wall color. If you have padded chairs in your dining room that are a solid color, go for a printed drape. But if the fabric on your chairs are printed, stay with a solid color drape. I'll be making my own drapes for my living room.

I'm looking for a curtain color that goes with my dining room table and chair, as the pic shows. Should I get gold curtains or what color? Please help me out with this. Thank you.

Going by the wall, floor and cushion covers, I think a rich wine color might look nice.

I am looking for curtain color ideas for my dining room which has Sedona clay wall paint, oak wood floors, and white furniture. My kitchen runs off of the DR and has taupe walls, oak cabinets, and black/gold speck and dark green mix granite counter tops. I need suggestions for curtain colors please. Oh yes there are a lot of windows! Thanks.

Have you considered any of Benjamin Moore's suggestions? If your furniture is a warm white, you might like their warm selection. If it is a cool white, you might like their cool selection.

I have a brown accent wall and two other walls that are cream color; with sage dining room chairs. What color curtains would go well with that combination of brown, cream, and sage?

By Lynn

Curtains that are either brown, cream, or sage, or a print that combines two or three of the colours.

I would like a suggestion for a color for draperies for a small den/dining room in which the walls are antique white, tan cermanic tile floor, all dark brown furniture, and adjacent room with blue carpet.

By B. A.

I always use a soft camel color, not beige but a bit brighter...but not a red tone. I find I can blend everything else in when I use that as a basic color.

We just repainted our dining room walls. The bottom half is jaded Janet and the upper is an off yellow. What color curtains would go with this?

By Jorietta S. from Muncie, IN