Curtain Color Advice for Multi-colored Wall

Category Curtains
Curtain Color Advice for Multi-colored Wall - wall with horizontal blue, green, and yellow stripes
Selecting curtains for a room with a multicolored wall can be confusing. You may want something that complements or coordinates with the several colors already featured, but not a color or pattern that clashes. Here are some suggestions to consider for making this decorating choice.

I have a multi colored texture wall with wallnut furniture. What color curtain should match with this? Please suggest.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Answers

I think the green would look fabulous and will not clash with your rug.

Green is definitely the way to go but what shade of green? Close to the meadow green in the wall art, maybe a shade paler? I think it would make the room very welcoming and calming.

I would do one of the colors that are on the wall, most likely blue, and match the bed comforter to the curtain.

Unusual design - nice..

You have a lot of yellow that really stands out so it would seem that you need a softer color - something like a seagreen maybe?

Are you going to be buying your curtains or will you be making them?

The paint stores/departments have color swatches (paper) of different shades that might give you an idea if you hold a color up to your wall (especially the yellow).

Here is color site that I use a lot - scroll down and maybe pick out a couple of colors that seem nice to you:

http://www.colo … color-names.html

I believe it should be a solid and light weight material but finding just what you want may be difficult. Shop around and get an idea of what may be available. Most of the department stores have a wide selection of curtains - even Walmart and Target.

Have fun - but take your time as curtains can be expensive - but I would try one out and if it does not "feel" right, return it right away and make another choice.