Easy Tea Tray

I love to use trays in the kitchen, den, dining room, or bedroom to hold a cup of coffee, tea, or a snack, and so I decided to personalize one. I bought an unfinished wooden tray from Michael's for $3 and used a slightly damp sponge to wipe it down with gold craft paint (about 89 cents). Once the paint dried, I used a glue gun to attach a few interesting-looking pieces of black and gold pebbles that I found on clearance in the floral section of the same store. Finally, I hot-glued a piece of 39-cent black felt in the middle of the tray. For about $5, I created an unusual - and useful - addition to my living room decor

By Claire from Phoenix, AZ

Decorated wood tray.

Claire, is that a spider sitting in the upper right-hand corner of your tray?

I'm going to make some of these for Christmas this year...but I think I'll omit the spider.

What a great project! I love it.

( I lightened the picture for you a bit)

Monique :D

such a clever idea and so inexpensive. I think I would like to make some as gifts. thank you for sharing this

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsFebruary 20, 2008
veggie plate
Making a Vegetable Party Tray
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray