Repairing a Gash in a Hardwood Floor

One of my cats has badly scratched the wood floor in my office. He has scratched in the same spot many, many times and has actually made a gash in the floor. I am renting this house so I need to repair it. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how I can repair the wood floor, other than replacing the board. It is real wood and the floors were refinished right when we moved in. I would like the floor to look flawless if possible. Any suggestions will help (i.e. wood kits, etc.?). Thanks!

By Theresa from Cleveland, OH

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can buy wood sticks, they look something like crayons and come in almost any wood tone color. Depending on the size of the gash it might take more than one of them. I think you will find these in paint department of most stores.

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsDecember 31, 2010
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:38:25 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.