Repairing a Burn Mark on Carpet

Category Floors
There are many ways to accidentally leave a burn mark on your carpet. This is a guide about repairing a burn mark on carpet.

Can anyone tell me how to take out a scorched mark on carpets please?

Answers

You can try lightly sanding it and using a handheld vacuum to vacuum away the residue

I dropped my hot iron on the carpet and now I have a image of an iron on my carpet. The carpet feels hard and I don't know if it can be fixed.

Answers

It has melted.
The only way to fix it is to get a piece of the same carpet. Cut it and replace the spot. Use carpet glue and make sure the weave is going in the same direction.

How to you get an iron mark out of a carpet?

By Jackie from Norwich, UK

Answers

I am afraid you can't get the mark out, unless you replace that piece of carpet. When iron gets in contact with carpet, it burns the carpet fiber, which is irreversible. :(

How do you remove iron burn marks from carpet?

By rikilee kamana from Manureawa, New Zealand

Answers:

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

There are some really good tips in the ThriftyFun archives below this comment section :-) (09/24/2010)

By Ann

How do I repair a burn on car carpet?

By Kathie

Answers:

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

There are some really good tips in the archives below :-) (02/25/2010)

By Ann

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

Yes, it can be repaired. As someone said, go the the closet and scrape or cut off some of the pile with scissors or a razor and glue it to the burned spot. I did it and you'd have to get down on your knees and look awfully close to see it and then you'd have to know where to look. My brother is in the carpet business and he gave me this tip. (02/28/2010)

By Betty

Is there any way to get a surface burn mark out of a flat carpet? It did not burn a hole, but the surface is still noticeable. Thanks.

By Janet McGuire from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

You can't repair it. Carefully lift the fibers and give it a haircut, then brush well, should look pretty good, and only you will know where it is. (07/28/2009)

By Susan Hall

How can I repair burn marks on carpets?

Karen from Swiftwater, PA

Answers:

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

I always get a little pair of scissors and cut the burned part off, fluff it up and forget it. It doesn't show from a glance. (02/07/2008)

By Lily

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

Do as another one said. Cut out the burnt places if they are small. Then go to a closet and with scissors or razor blade scale off the top to get pile and glue in (super glue) where the burnt places were. My brother (the carpet and tile expert) gave me this advice. I did this in an appartment I just moved from. You'd have to get down on your hands and knees and look really close to see the repairs. (02/08/2008)

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

The best way to remove a slight burn from Berber carpeting is to get a blunt pair of scissors (the tips of the metal scissors are slightly rounded). Scratch the scissors across the burn several times. The melted fibers of the Berber carpeting will start to loosen up and turn into almost a powdery residue. Make sure you don't do it for a super-long time; you don't want the loops to break or the carpet to become too "fuzzy" from the impact of the scissors. Eventually, the singed fibers will loosen up and the carpet's appearance should be lighter. This will not work for heavy burns, only for a slight melting where the fibers have turned a bit "gray".

I hope this helps. I just finished experimenting with this on my own carpet. Irons suck. (03/11/2008)

By Carpet Burns Suck

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

I have a very light colored carpet. I had a party and I got 3 major burns from coals. Tried to cut away the worst and scrub it away. It's still going to look bad, so for a white carpet rub chalk in and for a light colored carpet, use make up base. It works like a charm. (05/25/2008)

By Tash

Removing a Burn Mark From Carpet

Carpet cleaner and razor works every time. Thanks everyone.
(11/30/2008)

By James

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.