Repairing Burn Marks on Clothing

Category Repairing
A too hot iron for the fabric content of your clothing can result in a burn mark. This is a page about repairing burn marks on clothing.

How do I remove a burn mark on white denim? It is from a cigarette. The burn did not totally go through the fabric. It just looks like a light brown stain on the material. Help please!

By Kim

Answers

Best Answer

You can try the lemon and vinegar but it's doubtful that will work. Even if the cigarette didn't burn a complete hole in the fabric it sounds like the outside fibers were burned and a burn equals permanent damage :-( You could do something crafty over the burn mark using embroidery thread or even sharpie pen doodle art work to turn the boo boo into something fun though. :-)

I burnt my skirt which is 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Is there anything I can do to remove it?

Megan from Ireland

Answers

Best Answer

Acrylic is a form of plastic, so you've melted your skirt. There's no way to undo that, so I'd cover the burned part with applique, embroidery or another fabric.

This is a page about removing iron burn marks on clothing. A too hot iron can leave scorch marks on clothing.

A burn mark from a clothes iron.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingMarch 9, 2016
🎃