Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop

Category Other
There are ways that you can repair a burn on marble that may not damage the surface. This is a guide about repairing a burn mark on a marble countertop.

How do I get a burn stain off my marble countertop?

David from Newton Falls, OH

Answers

The rag to use should be a very soft cotton rag..

http://frugalli  rble_Cleaner.htm

As others have noted; a mild tootpaste can be tested also, but be sure that you test it in a non conspicuous area first...you don't want change the surface texture...

They make a certain cleaner for flat top stoves. Very strong, but unabrasive. Probably find it at Wal-Mart.
You don't want to ruin the finish, so yes, use a soft cloth.

The product referred to is "bon ami" (the can is a gold color). I'm not sure where its sold (I think grocery stores carry it (I usually shop at a military instillation)).

It is less abrasive than regular scouring powders. I think this is the stuff you are looking for. My grandmother used it on her cook top (the first of the glass top stoves).

What burned the marble - and is it real marble or a manmade look alike? Real marble is hard to burn, a hot pan is not enough. I have a marble tiled hearth and it has not burned despite getting hot coals on it.

If it's a synthetic, try bleach. There are entire websites devoted to cleaning genuine marble.

Anonymous

Hi my name is Christine and I was just wondering how you can get a burn of a kitchen work top

Bar keepers friend takes it off well

How do I remove a heat stain from a marble countertop?

Mel from McDonough, GA

Answers

By Jakes Mom (Guest Post)

I had a heat stain on my marble countertop once, and it actually vanished over time. (I didn't know what to do with it either).

How do I remove burn marks from man-made marble vanity top?

Tina from New Orleans, LA

Answers

I don't own any man made marble but have seen the disgusting burn marks left when some one leaves a lighted cigarette that continues to burn and leaves an ugly scar. What I think I'd do would be to buy some very fine sandpaper and try to sand away the burned part.

I know there would be a little "dip" in the surface but it would still look better. You might do a search on "repairing manufactured marble". Good Luck!