Buying a Marble Countertop

A marble countertop adds beauty and functionality to your home, but can be an expensive investment. This is a guide about buying a marble countertop.

Does anyone has a marble counter top in their bathroom? Is it easy to keep up or do you get water spots? Does it have to be resealed yearly? I want to replace our old tile top and I am looking at marble. Is there any other product that works well in a bathroom?

Sandy from Vermont

Answers

I have marble counters in my kitchen and on a cupbard in diningroom. I love it and wished I had it a lot earlier. I don't know about the bathroom but why not? It's easy to clean and from the sealer put on when installed my counters do not water spot. I do have a mottled gray, white, and black to fit in with our decor so maybe with a total solid color it might be a problem. Check with you dealer.

Forgot to tell you I've had my marble counters for coming on 6 years and have not had to reseal yet.

We just remodeled our bathrooms last summer and put marble countertops in. We love them. They are very easy to keep clean. The installer said the best thing to clean marble with is simple green. Works like a charm.
Good Lcuk!

several places are discouraging me from purchasing a white marble countertop for my kitchen. i want it because it looks old fashion. all i hear is that is is too soft, will stain, won't last. give me any positive feedback on the marble or any bad experiences you have had. thank you""""