Carrot Juice Stain on Clothing

How do I remove a stain made by carrot juice on a cotton shirt?

Lynda from Sandton, South Africa

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Fruit and Fruit Juices - Sponge with cold water immediately. Pre-soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Wash with detergent and bleach safe for fabric.

While fruit stain is still moist, cover it with powdered starch. When dry, rinse the article and cold water and wash in the ordinary way.

Fruit stains may be removed with a strong solution of borax, or the stain moistened with water, rubbed with borax, and boiling water poured through.

My sun was juicing carrots and splattered it all over the front of one of his best t-shirts. He didn't tell me straight away and just put it in the washing. I washed it with all the other washing without noticing the carrot all over it. When hanging it to dry I noticed it so proceeded to soak it in a soaker. This didn't remove the stains so I tried hand rubbing with washing powder which didn't help either. It is now drying on the line. What can I do next?

That awful tomato or carrot stain on plastic storage containers. Yuck.

I found out that setting the container on the patio table in full sun for one or two days bleaches it right out.

O.

Answer

How do I remove a carrot juice stain from my nice light blue excercise pants?

Johanna

Answers:

Carrot Juice Stain

try a degreaser... blue dawn rubbed into the stain may help (06/03/2005)

By beanygurl

Carrot Juice Stain

I would try cheap hairspray then one of the usual stain removers over the top of that. Don't dry until it is out! This has worked for me with spagetti sauce stains before. (06/04/2005)

By mom2mcar

Carrot Juice Stain

Hairspray would work because of the alcohol. Alcohol is a degreaser. Anything that cuts through oils would work. I use dawn to get carrot stains out of my food processor parts. It cuts right through the carrot stains! (06/04/2005)

By beanygurl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
girl eating watermelon with juice dripping on blouse
Removing Fruit and Vegetable Juice Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 13, 2006
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Freezing Carrot Juice
Freezing Carrot Juice
Canning Carrot Juice
Canning Carrot Juice
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Carrot Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 17, 2016 at 2:30:41 PM on 10.0.1.225 in 861 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.