Removing Fruit and Vegetable Juice Stains on Clothing

Eating and preparing the colorful fruits and veggies that we love unfortunately can result in clothing stains. This is a guide about removing fruit and vegetable juice stains on clothing.

This is a guide about removing blackberry stains from clothing. Berry stains can be difficult to remove from clothing.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

How can I remove orange juice and egg stains off of white clothes? I have tried the bleach pens, and the Oxy Clean but the stains are still there. I have read the section on removing yellow stains from clothes. I didn't see any mention of egg stains or orange juice. Thanks.

By Adriana from Miami, FL

Answers

Iron Out takes out just about anything. Make into a paste with water. I love this stuff. Thats what I use on whites, I even add a cup to my load of whites (instead of bleach) and let soak for 1 hour and my whites are beautiful.

The product for yellow stains, and it works like a charm. Yellow out. It will work. Check it out on Google for where you can purchase it in your area. :0) Hedera

The product for yellow stains, and it works like a charm. YELLOW OUT It will work. Check it out on Google for where you can purchase it in your area. :0) Hedera

I think IRON OUT is made by the same company as YELLOW OUT. TresL, thanks for the laundry tip I am going to try it!

Do you have any suggestions on how to get a peach juice stain off a light blue t-shirt? I tried Oxiclean, but it didn't work. I haven't put the shirt in the dryer, but have washed it a few times and spot treated the stain each time. I even tried soaking overnight in an Oxiclean powder/water mixture.

Mary from Alexandria, VA

Answers

try using a strong hair spray. Saturate both sides and let stand for at least 30 minutes then wash

I've always used Zout for all my stains with excellant results. Everyone that I've ever shared this product with has thanked me a million times over for saving an otherwise lost piece of clothing. www.zout.com

Rub Fels Naptha on it and launder. It can be found rather inexpensively in the hand soap aisle usually next to the Lava soap. It works on lots of stains. My laundry room is never without it!

Fels Naptha worked great on an old peach stain. Got it out immediately. I had soaked it in an Oxygenated Bleach and vinegar, color safe bleach and nothing had worked; until I rubbed on Fels Naptha. Viola! I got my Fels Naptha online to make my own laundry soap. I had never tried it as a pre-treater.

How do I remove a stain made by carrot juice on a cotton shirt?

Lynda from Sandton, South Africa

Answers

Fruit and Fruit Juices - Sponge with cold water immediately. Pre-soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Wash with detergent and bleach safe for fabric.
While fruit stain is still moist, cover it with powdered starch. When dry, rinse the article and cold water and wash in the ordinary way.
Fruit stains may be removed with a strong solution of borax, or the stain moistened with water, rubbed with borax, and boiling water poured through.

My sun was juicing carrots and splattered it all over the front of one of his best t-shirts. He didn't tell me straight away and just put it in the washing. I washed it with all the other washing without noticing the carrot all over it. When hanging it to dry I noticed it so proceeded to soak it in a soaker. This didn't remove the stains so I tried hand rubbing with washing powder which didn't help either. It is now drying on the line. What can I do next?

That awful tomato or carrot stain on plastic storage containers. Yuck.

I found out that setting the container on the patio table in full sun for one or two days bleaches it right out.

O.

Does anyone know how to get rid of carrot stains on clothes and plastics? Thanks.

Pamela from IL

Answers

Try putting some powdered dishwasher detergent on the stains. I use it on the cloth that we use for communion at chruch when the wine gets on it. Comes right out. Use as warm water as you can to wet it into a paste and rub. And WALA!! stain is gone.

Julie from Naples

Your success depends upon several things: The fabric, the color, your experience in how well you "bleach" stains, sort of like how well you "mouse" at the computer. If white in color, cotton in type, I'd dilute a few DROPS of bleach with hot water in a bottle cap, using a q-tip, mixing in ONE drop of IVORY dish soap, rub it into a TINY NEW carrot stains on both in place that doesn't show, then check it every ten minutes Once you determine it's colorfastness, you can take note of the time, strength, and effort required for the actual stain.If no change in the first hour, rinse, dry and increase your "formula" of the above. Cloth and plastic respond totally different, yet, if white, can both be treated the same and adjusted in time/strength. I prefer to use hot water so I don't have to wait. REMEMBER to wash/rinse VERY WELL. Good luck, God bless and help you. : )