Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

I have recently found a fantastic new recipe for radiant, soft skin. It might sound really strange, but the trick is Aspirin and water. It's a great combo and works really well. Give it a try.

Editor's Note: Some people are allergic to aspirin and people on blood thinners or other medication can also have reactions to this. Please consult your doctor if you think this might be the case with you.

This is an awesome scrub and mask too. If you check out they have tons of resources there on how to make it a mask or scrub, what mixes with what etc. Cheap dollar store aspirin works great. It's got the same family of salicylic acids that acne products do. I just love how smooth my skin feel after, thanks for reminding me! I'm going to do that before I sing in choir this weekend at church, all eyes will be on us!

April 7, 2009 Flag

Instead of getting expensive facials, buy some inexpensive uncoated aspirin. Most aspirin has a little coating on it, but that's okay. Simply wet one aspirin with some warm water while gently scratching off the coating with your fingernail. Once it gets mushy, rub in between your two hands and apply it gently to your freshly washed face. Rub gently for about 15 seconds then rinse and pat dry. Your face will be the smoothest it has ever been! I do this about once a week. Try it on your hands also.

By Peg from Sea Cliff, NY

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

I'm curious - then you do what with the aspirin? Do you mix it with something? Where did the idea come from?

Thanks (05/20/2008)

By mariebal

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

This trick is one I've heard about for many years, and it comes from the fact that many skin creams for treating acne contain the exact same chemical as aspirin. I never thought of using it just for a weekly facial, but it sounds worth a try. Thanks! (05/21/2008)

By Londa

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

Many people can be allergic to Aspirin without knowing it. It will seep right through the pores. Asthmatics have a higher tendency to be allergic to ASA. An alternative would be to use sugar. Wet your face and apply some and scrub for 20 seconds or so, and rinse. Make the skin feel nice and soft. (05/26/2008)

By koukla

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

Dead Sea Salt is the best skin scrub. It can be purchased in bulk at a good price and has many proven and healthy minerals. People even soak in the Dead Sea for the health benefits. There are several online sites that are costly and several which has very good bulk prices. (05/26/2008)

By KeriL

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

This is not really a good idea to be posting without posting warnings, like the allergies mentioned by others or for any one on a blood thinner it is also not a good idea as it does seep into the pores, and people on blood thinners are warned not to use aspirin in any shape or form including muscle rubs. I use olive oil and sugar, it can be used on the entire body, and it is awesome in the winter not only for exfoliating, but great moisturizing as well. (06/11/2008)

By Daun

Aspirin Scrub For Softer Skin

You mix it with honey. (01/06/2009)

By somebody

Uses for Aspirin
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care BodyApril 7, 2009
Giving Dogs Aspirin
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
Soft Feet
Tips for Softer Feet
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner