Use Tea On House Plants

Don't throw away that old tea, put it in your house plants. They like to have be watered with tea every once in a while. (Old tea leaves make good mulch, too).

By Pam from Los Angeles

Thanks for this one Pam! I would have never thought of it. Does it matter what kind of tea. Like green tea, english breakfast or other favors?

Jennifer CA

I throw all of my teabags - no matter the kind - in my compost bucket, which is really just a Folger's plastic coffee container with a lid that I keep in my fridge. I also toss in the used coffee grounds, filter and all in there, along with bits of vegetables, egg shells, etc. When the bucket is full, out to the compost pile it all goes!

African Violet
Growing Houseplants
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerNovember 9, 2006
palm near window
Growing Palms Indoors
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Plump Avocado Seed Rooting into Jar
Growing an Avocado from a Pit
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion