Banana and Tea for Watering Your Plants

Put banana peels and tea bags in water overnight, and use this water as a pick me up for your plants. This is a guide about banana and tea for your plants.

I eat a banana everyday, and always throw the peel away, I also drink tea everyday and throw out the tea bags. I have now tried throwing the tea bags and banana peels in water, making a tea out of it, and it helps your plants stand up and cheer! The potassium in the peels, and the antioxidant in the tea are a great combination for plants. I put them in a bucket of water, let sit overnight, and use the "tea" as a pick me up for plants, both indoors and out.

They seem to love it.

Source: A gardner friend had read about this, but hadn't tried it yet.

I usually compost mine and I'm going to try this.

I compost mine but this sounds good too. Also you can put a banana skin in the hole before planting a rose.

Marg from England
P.S. If you compost teabags, tear them apart first. They rot quicker.

Love this idea...

Just a comment on banana peels - if/when you get into fire ants, rub the bites with the inside of the peel. You will not blister or continue to itch. I even keep a peel in my freezer to use on my granddaughter whom will always find the biggest anthill! Really works!