Agency Recommendations for Adopting Overseas

We are looking to adopt overseas and we are looking for information on agencies people have used. It's overwhelming and any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It is an overwhelming thing to contemplate, especially overseas. At the time that I considered it, I lived in a fairly big city and found lots of support groups in my area online. Through them I met a woman who gave seminars on the entire process, including domestic, foreign, inter-racial, etc. The seminar was fantastic. Erupting family problems interrupted my process at the time so I never followed through.

Anyway, I'm thinking that your best bet is to look for adoption support groups online in your state/area. If you live in too small of an area, try looking online for the nearest large city with support groups. There will usually be "specialty" support groups, like families of asian adoptees, etc. Even if the city is too far to attend a support group on a regular basis, you could call and network around to see if anything exists like that seminar I went to. I think your best bet is going to be meeting with support groups in person and learning from the people in those groups. Anyway, best of luck to you.

We heartily recommend our agency, Children's Hope International. We adopted our son from Colombia, and are using them to adopt another son from Ethiopia. This is their website: http://www.childrenshopeint.org/ Best wishes in your journey.

We adopted two children from Russia. We used WACAP (World Association for Children and Parents).

My sister and her hubby used Chinese Children's Adoption Agency. It took them almost 2 years but he was so worth the wait! Good luck!

Where are you located? We used Alliance for Children. Some others used Wide Horizons - both have good reputations. We live in MA. I would narrow it down to two, go to their orientations on international adoption and choose one. But, do do your homework on this process! Best to you!

African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 30, 2008
Golden Retriever on Black Background
Adopting an Adult Dog
Cat in a cage at the Humane Society.
Adopting a Cat
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
Three kids laying in the grass.
Adopting a Foster Child
🎄
🍂