Mosaic Stepping Stone

Mosaic Stepping Stone I titled this: "Success with mosaics." It is the picture of a stepping stone made with Styrofoam letters and broken pieces of tiles used as the mosaic. The letters are made on a hotwire machine, glued into a form, and the mosaic pieces are glued in place as well. I use tacky glue so that it dissolves away after removing the stepping stone from the mold.

You can use a purchased mold, a pizza box, or make a mold with pieces of lumber cut to size. For this stone, I made an octagonal mold from cardboard, then lined it with a piece cut from a plastic grocery bag. This way supply costs are minimal! The letters can be left in, or removed to give an engraved look.

By Creativeman from Chatsworth, CA

Hi, Your stepping stone is really beautiful. What is a hotwire machine? Also, what are you gluing the pieces too. Thanks,

Thanks RR: the hotwire machine is simply a device that heats a wire hot enough to melt styrofoam. You can find these on the internet. I glued the mosaic pieces as well as the lettering to the plastic lining of the mold. Letters must be reversed! I have included a picture of the hotwire machine I built.You can view an article on how to make one on Cman

Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Crafts Garden & Yard Yard ArtOctober 27, 2009
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Mold and Concrete Stepping Stone
Making Concrete Stepping Stones
Tweety Bird stepping stone
Making Cake Pan Stepping Stones