Shower Rings As A Gate Closure

It pays to keep things. If you save your old metal shower curtain rings, you can use one as a lock for your yard gate. It keeps the gate closed and the kids and pets tucked safely inside.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I also use them in the kitchen, garden, preschool and in my RV kitchen.

#1 put pot holder loops through them to hang potholders and free up drawer space

#2 on my pot and pan racks to hold pans or utensils (instead of S hooks)

#3 put a botton hole on your dishtowel and them use the shower ring to hang (in my RV)

#4 while camping, run swimsuit straps through the open circle, then close it. Use to hang the suits till dry.

#5 loop around a plant and the stake, to stake a plant in a pot or garden

#6 in my preschool (years ago) we had a copper pipe that ran across the art room wall. We put shower curtain hooks on it, then from them hung artwork with plastic clothes hangers that had clips. This allowed the artwork to face out while drying, so it could be seen.

When my children were at the "throw it all" stage, I used chains of shower curtain rings to attach the toys and the schlitzer to the stroller, car seat and high chair. I made the chains just long enough to clear the ground/ floor. The kids could retrieve their own toys, and it saved my back.

Metal Shower Curtain Rings
Uses for Shower Curtain Rings
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 12, 2008
Self-Closing Gate With Springs
Installing a Self-Closing Gate
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Pet Gate
Building a Pet Gate
🎄