Homemade Natural Pesticide

To make a pesticide, combine 1 head of peeled garlic and 2 cups water in a blender and blend on high until garlic is finely pureed. Store covered for one day and strain out pulp. Add 1 gallon of water. Put this in a mister and spray plants, tops, bottoms and leaves.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I also add Hot Sauce, just a little. The bugs Hate it!.

Also can use onion, a few drops dish det, and hotsauce. Works the same.

September 7, 2010 Flag

I need a non-chemical pesticide for our patio tomato plants.

By RLK from STL

Answers:

Homemade Natural Pesticide for Vegetables

I have used this for years and it never has failed me: to a quart-sized spray-bottle add 3 drops of dishwashing liquid and 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper. Fill with water. Shake very well and spray on plants, as needed. When you water your plants, water from the base of the plant or you'll wash all your homemade pesticide off! (07/17/2010)

By douet

July 16, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a natural bug killer that I can spray or sprinkle on my garden plants. The bugs are eating my kale and collard greens.

By Sunset_Key_Gal from Tipton, IN

Answers:

I have heard of people using Murphy's oil soap and water mixture on plants for insects. (07/15/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

I live in Japan. One of my Japanese friends is a professional gardener. She said to make a strong tea from mint and sage and spray it on the plants daily. I had mint in my garden but no sage, so made a mixed mint tea from fresh leaves. Works great. Also, she suggested diluting whole milk 1:1 with water and spraying directly on bugs. The fat smothers them. (07/18/2009)

By Cantate

July 14, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know a natural pesticide that can be used for vegetables? The bugs are starting to eat my pepper plants and tomato plants. I have heard of one with dish soap as part of the recipe, but don't know what the mixture is.

By betswhite from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Pubs/insect/05547.html (05/31/2009)

By kffrmw88

http://vegetablegardens.suite101.com/article.cfm/organic_pest_control_and_pesticide (05/31/2009)

By kffrmw88

http://www.ehow.com/how_2250921_safe-insect-spray.html (05/31/2009)

By kffrmw88

My friend uses garlic oil. She sprayed it directly on to remove bugs. This only works for some veggies and might leave a strong taste. On apple and fruit trees you can use spray-on Mineral Oil. At plant nurseries they sell an organic liquid soap that's made to spray on veggies to kill and remove bugs. This is safe for food.

Here's a natural bug killer made from orange petals. It's a safe bug-killer that can be used in kitchens, and around babies, kids, and pets. It's totally safe, but I don't think you can spray it directly on to garden veggies. You can spray it around the perimeter of your garden. It's called "Orange Guard":
http://www.organic-gardening-shop.com/agorganics/Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=132

(05/31/2009)

By Cyinda

Natural Pesticide
Natural Pesticide Recipes for Vegetable Gardens
Better Living Green Living Gardening Pest ControlSeptember 7, 2010
Photo of a plum tree with delicious fruit.
Natural Pesticide Solutions for Fruit Trees
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Pesticide
Removing Pesticide Odors from House
A colorful stack of new clothing.
Removing Chemical Odors From New Clothing
🎄