Ask The Deli To Slice Precooked Meat

I buy the precooked (smoked, honey glazed, oven baked, etc.) turkey or ham in the meat department when they are on sale. Then I bring them to the butcher department or the deli department (You may have to purchase it first, just bring them the receipt.) Have them use their big slicers to slice the meat into thin sandwich slices. It saves me a lot of time and it is far cheaper than buying the sliced meat from the deli. You can also divide it up into smaller bags and freeze them for later.

By Cathy from Kihei, HI

This is a good idea. We happen to have a small compact slicer machine so we can do the slicing ourselves. I bought a package of smoked Jennie O turkey breast and we sliced up. That turkey was so delicious and tasted better than what we get in the deli.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingFebruary 13, 2007
Cooked Bacon
Freezing Cooked Bacon
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipes
Meat Slicing
Meat Slicing Tips
🎄