Store Dried Herbs With Silica Packets

I save the little silica packages that come in bottles of vitamins and place them inside my containers of dried herbs. It really maintains their freshness for a longer period of time!

By Janet from Rossville, GA

That's a very good idea. I would like to mention however to be careful because if the silica packets came from something other than a vitamin/food item. It could be dangerous/toxic because the silica absorbs whatever chemicals/ingredients it comes in contact with.

If anyone wants to purchase new packets there are many links online that sell them.

A pile of silica packets.
Uses for Silica Packets
Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesAugust 17, 2009
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Drying and Storing Herbs
Drying Herbs
Freezing Herbs
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 9:16:42 PM on in 970 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.