Removing Paint from Nylon

What would you suggest for getting interior wall paint off a nylon jacket?

By Thia from WI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

January 5, 2011 Flag

How do I get fabric paint out of a nylon winter coat?

By Teen from Chicago, IL

January 20, 2010 Flag

How do I get paint out of my nylon jacket?

Pepper from England

Answers:

Removing Paint from Nylon

I would first scrape as much as you can carefully from the surface of the jacket. If you are lucky, the paint hasn't penetrated, and you can get most of it that way. If there is still a stain you can use turpentine or the rubbing alcohol to dissolve it. Nylon is pretty sturdy and resistant to staining, so you should be able to get the spot out. (08/06/2007)

Removing Paint from Nylon

I used nail polish remover and it removed white fabric paint off an umbrella. (06/27/2008)

By Laura

August 1, 2007 Flag

I recently have been painting bedrooms in my house and somehow I got paint onto the dress I was wearing that day. The dress is made of 100% rayon. When I realized that I had gotten the paint on my dress it was already dried. I hand washed the dress but no luck the paint was not coming off, any ideas of how to remove the paint?

Vicki from Arizona

Answers:

Paint on a Nylon Dress

If it's a latex or acrylic paint, use regular rubbing alcohol. I have done this many times, even on old stains. You may need to gently scrub with your fingernail as you pour it on the spot.
Good luck. (08/20/2005)

By Kimberly P.

Paint on a Nylon Dress

take it to the cleaners(quote)(/quote) (09/01/2006)

By taylor

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 5, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 11:12:45 AM on 10.0.0.240 in 367 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.