Talking to Cats Quietly

I have very good hearing and so do cats (depending). You can talk with your young cat in a bit above a whisper when you are together. It's mellow and they hear you. You can relate a lot better by understanding their hearing for one thing.

By pamelaw

This is so true. But one thing needs to be remembered. Cats are like children. They have very selective hearing! They hear extremely well, only as long as you say what they want to hear! My cat demonstrates this hourly!

Very true! And cats don't like ssss sounds either.

We have eight (yes, 8) cats in our home, as well as a little chihuahua. Sometimes, when I'm settling in at night, I am talking very quietly to four or five kitties at a time, all of whom have gathered on my lap and the arms of my recliner to settle for the night!

I have five cats of varying ages. The two older ones are respond best to cat whispering - they both reach up and pat my face when I start. The other younger ones tend to be quite playful (they play together a lot and snuggle together). My three legged kitten does occasionally smooch when I whisper to him.

A girl talking to a pug.
Talking to Your Pets
Pets CatsJanuary 26, 2011
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
door silencer
Making a Fabric Door Silencer
Cell Phone Etiquette, Woman on Cell Phone in Movie Theater
Cell Phone Etiquette
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic