Craft Project: Mother's Day Jar
This fast and inexpensive Mother's Day jar is sure to please any mom or grandma.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 1 quart canning jar or other quart glass jar with lid
- 1 sheet of decorative paper
- 1 sheet or coordinating solid color paper
- favorite photo of mom and child
- 1 sheet white paper cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 artificial flower
- hot glue gun and glue sticks or craft glue
- Cut decorative paper into an 12 inch x 3 inch strip.
- Wrap paper around jar and glue ends to back of jar.
- Cut solid coordinating paper into a 4 x 3 inch rectangle.
- Glue photo at angle on coordinating paper.
- Attach to front of jar with glue.
- Write happy thoughts and praises to mom on each strip of paper. Fold each strip in half and drop into jar.
- Glue flower to top of lid and place on jar.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
April 23, 20080 found this helpful
What a great idea! I lost my Mom at 60 from Leukemia 5 yrs ago when I was only 40 but I have so many great memories of her and things we did together to last me a lifetime. I gave her a homemade coupon book once when I was 12 for hugs, kisses, quiet time, back or foot massage, breakfast in bed, movie of her choice, and a few others. She always appreciated those type of gifts more than the monetary or store bought gifts and I have some wonderful memories of quality time spent with my mom. She never wanted flowers or candy because "flowers die" and she had congestive heart failure since she was 32 so she had to watch what she ate at all times. Anyway thanks for the great idea, I will use it to help my niece and nephew make a jar for my sister for this Mother's day.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 5:26:11 PM on 10.0.1.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us