Fixing Lifted Wood on Dresser

I left a damp towel on my dark wood dresser seemed to have lifted the wood what can I do?

Bev from Northbrook, IL

You can redampen it if you need to in order to be able to GENTLY get underneath with some glue. My carpenter son uses Gorilla Glue and says it WILL NOT move again. Just squirt some under there and press it down in place then weight it down with something. I would use a cookie sheet with books on top. I wouldn't put books directly on it just in case there was some leakage around the edges. Be sure to wipe up any that does dribble out before it hardens.

You might put wax paper between the wood and the cookie sheet too.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureApril 30, 2008
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood