Uses for Avocado Skins

Are their any uses for avocado skin? Is it harmful at all? I've thought about blending the skin and using it as some sort of facial or skin scrub, but I'm skeptical on whether it's beneficial or not. Thanks!

By Ashley from Lawrence, KS

It would make a great facial (and body) scrub. However, I recommend using only organic, otherwise the pestisides could react with your skin. I always use organic when it comes to scrubs, just in case. Good luck.

Turn the peel inside out, where the "meat" was and rub on skin, but blending up the peel, would be really hard on a machine and you could have all sorts of chemicals on your body. Organic, doesn't mean NO chemicals, they could be using "from the earth" chemicals ie. chrysanthemum (which is toxic to cats and sometimes dogs), don't think that "organic" means no chemicals, it just may mean no MAN made chemicals. Either way, keep the outer peel for the compost.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes SkinDecember 29, 2009
A ripe avocado cut in half.
Ripening an Avocado
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Baked Potato Skins
Baked Potato Skins Recipes
🎉
🎄