Baked Potato Skins Recipes
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
December 16, 2018
These made a great appetizer. Use a good variety of toppings. Everyone loves potato skins! I made a lot at once and froze them for different holiday events. These freeze very well without toppings.
- 5 lb bag large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 (16oz) sour cream
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, cooked well and crispy, crumbled
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives, snipped small
- 1 tub (8oz) guacamole
- Wash all the potatoes and put a small hole in each.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 F for 40-50 minutes. Check for the ones that are done, and take them out. Let cool enough to handle.
- Using a good sharp serrated knife, slice one side of the potato, then right beside it take another slice, and one more. You should get 3 large potato skins from each large potato.
- Take all the excess potato and put it in a bowl with butter melting in it. Leave a good amount of potato in each skin. The rest put in the bowl.
- Using a deep fryer, fill with an inch or two of olive oil flavored with garlic powder and pepper and basil. Drop each skin in the hot oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels.
- Put all your condiments in each a bowl in the middle of a platter and surround with potato skins. These are the best!
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
November 14, 2008
Bake potatoes in the oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until soft. Cut each potato in half and scoop out the inside of the potato.
(Can reserve the inside of the potato to use in some other recipe, if desired).Read More...
Bake potatoes in 375 degrees F oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Prepare guacamole; cover and refrigerate. Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F...Read More...
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 174 Feedbacks
September 22, 2005
The first time I had potato skins, it was an appetizer at a Beverly Hills restaurant. They were so good, I wanted to have them all the time. Years later, they became a fad, but the ones that became a fad weren't anything like the ones I member.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.