Crockpot Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Enjoy the flavor of a baked potato with all the toppings when you make and serve this delicious soup. This page contains a crockpot baked potato soup recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This baked potato soup is fantastic and easy to make in your crockpot!
- 5-6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 (15 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter (or 1/2 stick)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- 1 cup crumbled bacon, optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup chived, chopped
- Wash, peel, and rinse potatoes. Cut them into 1/2 cubes and put them into the crockpot.
- Add chicken stock and butter to the crockpot. Dice onion and add to the crockpot.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the lid on and turn the crockpot to HIGH. Cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours, or until the potatoes are soft. (If you want to use the LOW setting, cook for 8-9 hours.)
- Once potatoes are soft, use a potato masher to smash the potatoes. Smash them until you have a slightly chunky texture.
- Pour in the whipping cream, stirring well.
- Add grated cheese and chives. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream, bacon crumbles, and chives.
September 26, 20122 found this helpful
This video shows you the step by step process to make this super easy and delicious baked potato soup.