Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 17, 2017
My first attempt at cooking chicken noodle soup in a crock pot. For next time, I would tweak some of the ingredients to add more/less and I will make a note of which ones. Overall - very effortless, healthy and easy to make without making a mess!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours, 50 minutes
- 1 lb *organic boneless skinless chicken breast - washed
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch organic rainbow carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 bay leaves
- dash dried thyme
- dash dried rosemary
- dash celery seed
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cartons organic chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 package egg noodles
*You can opt for non-organic ingredients
- Wash and dice/chop all the vegetables (carrots, celery, onions, garlic).
- Rinse boneless skinless chicken breast. Remove any unnecessary fat if needed, and then add the chicken breasts to the crock pot. Sprinkle a dash of salt & pepper on the top of the chicken breast.
- Add your chopped vegetables, and drizzle a generous round of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the herbs and bay leaves.
- Add chicken broth and water then turn crock pot on to low heat and cover/cook for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken breast from heat and allow 5-10 minutes for chicken to rest before dicing or shredding. Meanwhile, add your egg noodles and dash of parsley and cook until noodles are ready. It took a total of 30 minutes for the noodles to fully cook.*
- Add the chicken back in when the noodles are finished. Add a splash of fresh lemon juice if you have on hand.
*I would use a different brand egg noodles because these were too big and took too long to cook. Or use only half the bag.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.