My first attempt at cooking chicken noodle soup in a crock pot. For next time, I would tweak some of the ingredients to add more/less and I will make a note of which ones. Overall - very effortless, healthy and easy to make without making a mess!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours, 50 minutes
- 1 lb *organic boneless skinless chicken breast - washed
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch organic rainbow carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 bay leaves
- dash dried thyme
- dash dried rosemary
- dash celery seed
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cartons organic chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 package egg noodles
*You can opt for non-organic ingredients
- Wash and dice/chop all the vegetables (carrots, celery, onions, garlic).
- Rinse boneless skinless chicken breast. Remove any unnecessary fat if needed, and then add the chicken breasts to the crock pot. Sprinkle a dash of salt & pepper on the top of the chicken breast.
- Add your chopped vegetables, and drizzle a generous round of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the herbs and bay leaves.
- Add chicken broth and water then turn crock pot on to low heat and cover/cook for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken breast from heat and allow 5-10 minutes for chicken to rest before dicing or shredding. Meanwhile, add your egg noodles and dash of parsley and cook until noodles are ready. It took a total of 30 minutes for the noodles to fully cook.*
- Add the chicken back in when the noodles are finished. Add a splash of fresh lemon juice if you have on hand.
*I would use a different brand egg noodles because these were too big and took too long to cook. Or use only half the bag.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!